Ansh P.
Ansh P., MS Office Specialist
Experience:  Computer Science Engineer with 10 years experience in MS Office (All Versions).
14055801

Yesterday I created a new microsoft account for my nokia lumia

Yesterday I created a new microsoft account for my nokia lumia 520 phone however a wrong date of birth has led to me not being able to log in without parental consent. How can I correct this mistake as I cannot access my account to set correct date of birth?
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Ansh P. replied 3 years ago.
Hi and welcome.

I'm Ansh and today, I will be trying my best to solve your issue.

Is it a new phone with no data at all?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no it was bought christmas so have been using it for 2 months but just got a data package so decided to use internet and update the phone hence had to create microsoft account

Expert:  Ansh P. replied 3 years ago.
Go to this link: http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us

Sign in with your account and remove the child account from My Family setting

If you don't want to save the data on the phone, I have an easier way, let me know.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My internet is playing up so will try to solve problem later at the moment will say I am satisfied with answer. Thanks.

Expert:  Ansh P. replied 3 years ago.
Thank you Sevim.

Alternate method:
If you do not want to save any data on the phone or have a backup somewhere, you can also go for a reset of the phone. Tutorial video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtWR6en5dC4#aid=P-xAanF4V3A