Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

My Hotmail address book has been hacked and 218 emails purporting

My Hotmail address book has been hacked and 218 emails purporting to come from me have been sent. This happened twice in January 14 and this morning. Can you stop this or will I have to change my email address? I do not want to as I am in business and have had this address for 20 years or so. Please advise.
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

you do not need to change your email address, we just need to enhance security.

First, can you still log into your account?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, I can still log in. Completing your last auto ques I put in my Hotmail address [email protected] and got error: "This email address has been booked to another member." So put in another address - Samarkand

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
ok, what I want you to do John is enable 2 step verification on your account as this will stop people from hacking it.

To do this, please follow the instructions on my link below

Click me to view

Once you have this enabled, it is going to make it near impossible for people to hack your account, and this is exactly why they introduced this.

Can you do this please and let me know if you have any difficulties please.