Shefin
Shefin, Microsoft Office Specialist
Experience:  Working as Tech support specialist with a world famous computer manufacturer
15907069

wmcwindows media center has taken over nearly all icons on

Customer Question

wmcwindows media center has taken over nearly all icons on my fairly new Dell laptop with Windows 7 . Please tell me how to get rid of it.wmc does not appear under Programs and Features in Control Panel whose icon still works, and so I can't uninstall it I've had to use a very old computer to write this query. Many thanks, XXXXX XXXXX

Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Shefin replied 3 years ago.

Shefin :
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.
Shefin :
Please let me know when you are ready.
Shefin :

Are you there?

Expert:  Shefin replied 3 years ago.

I apologize that I did not get you on chat. However, I can assist you further in Question and Answer mode.

In order to disable Windows Media Center on your computer, please try the instructions in the link below.
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/15530/uninstall-disable-or-remove-windows-7-media-center/

After disabling Windows Media Center, if you are experiencing any issues with opening any programs, I would suggest you set default programs in order to open the programs. Please get instructions to set default programs from the link below.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows/change-default-programs#1TC=windows-7

If you have any questions, please let me know, so that I can assist you further. Please do not rate if the issue is not resolved. Just let me know, so that I can help you further.

I request you click the EXCELLENT smiley face once you have all the information you need. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

S H E F I N