Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

I have been advised by Safecart.com that I have 8 out of date

Customer Question

I have been advised by Safecart.com that I have 8 out of date drivers on my computer. I paid circa $30 dollars and was then told to phone tollfree to 0800(NNN) NNN-NNNNto activate driver updates which I did and after 30 minutes wait was told to leave message. Safecart is supposedly part of McFee Secure I have regularly taken the windows updates and cannot see why drivers would be out of date. I am concerned this could be a scam. can you help? If I have contacted wrong place can you redirect or preferably give me a number where I can speak to someone.
john thorn
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is Richard and I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

It is a scam, and you should uninstall it as soon as possible.

Basically it is software that is designed to make you believe you have problems, so you pay money to have this non-existent problems fixed.

I would also strongly advise you to contact your credit company and stop any payments to them, as they have been known to make additional withdrawals.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.