Sudipto
Sudipto, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Computer Hardware EngineerCertificate Course In Computer Maintenance,8+ years of Experience in computer troubleshooting
15197395

Issue with accessing my email

Customer Question

Hi , I know the password XXXXX my Hotmail email account but I can not log in. Each attempt is unsuccessful and I do not know my security answer or question. The security email address registered on the account does not belong to me. 

Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Sudipto replied 3 years ago.
Hi, Thanks for posting your question. Here are some steps that, you can try and let me know, how it goes for you.

What happens, when you try to logon ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Having typed my email and password XXXXX it says password XXXXX Below this it then asks me whether I have forgotten my password. This link refers me to a page asking my for my security password XXXXX answer. I don't remember these unfortunately. The security email that is there is not an email I am familiar with.

Expert:  Sudipto replied 3 years ago.
Can I do a secure remote session, so that I can see, what you are seeing and help you directly for an additional charges, this charge only applies, if I am able to solve the problem, otherwise there is no need to pay the extra charge.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

How much is the additional charge?

Expert:  Sudipto replied 3 years ago.
That is negotiable, I generally charge $40, but you can tell me,what you can pay for it.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

That is 24 pounds! I have just paid 28 pounds!

Expert:  Sudipto replied 3 years ago.
Don't worry, this is not a fixed charge for the service, you can pay, whatever you like for the remote support, but that is only when, I am able to solve the problem, so there is nothing to worry.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

If you can confirm that I won't be unnecessarily then yes, lets go ahead with it.

Expert:  Sudipto replied 3 years ago.
Don't worry, there will be no extra charges, unless I am unable to solve the problem and if I am able to solve your problem then, you will tell me, what extra do you want to pay and I will proceed with that amount only.

Please let me know the name of the OS that, you use like Windows XP, Windows Vista etc. ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I believe its Windows XP. I'm more than happy to continue this remote support, but is it possible for me to continue tomorrow, I'm in the UK and need to catch some sleep before work tomorrow. May we continue this later? Say 7 PM ( UK time)

Expert:  Sudipto replied 3 years ago.
No problem, just reply me back, tomorrow and I will get back to you, as soon asI am online again.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Expert:  Sudipto replied 3 years ago.
Welcome.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Okay, may we begin again?

Expert:  Sudipto replied 3 years ago.
Yes, just follow the steps below to download and run a small program.

Click this link http://tinyurl.com/tvsupportsd1

A new box will appear. Click on RUN, instead of save.

After the download completes, a small blue window will open, you will get 9 digit pin and password, just provide me those.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

961 613 568

7817

Expert:  Sudipto replied 3 years ago.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX try to connect with your PC. Please do not close that blue window or if you get any dialogue, like Allow Remote Control then, just allow it.

If you have closed the window then, run it and let me know the new password.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have left the blue window opened

Expert:  Sudipto replied 3 years ago.
Do you see anything, like "Allow Remote Control" on that blue screen ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no, its talking about free newsletter and is advertising the site

Expert:  Sudipto replied 3 years ago.
Sorry, I am unable to connect. Please close that window then, follow the steps below to run another program and let me know the ID , that you get.

http://tinyurl.com/4xvrlfl

After the download completes, a small blue window will open, you will get 9 digit pin
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

id 31 825 946

ip 192.168.0.4

Expert:  Sudipto replied 3 years ago.
Please try to reset your email password, so that I can see, what are you doing.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks, I'll keep an eye on my secondary account. Thanks

Expert:  Sudipto replied 3 years ago.
Please give rating for my time and effort and definately reply me back with the result, and please let me know, how much you want to pay for the remote support.