Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

How do I Remove windows live messenger account from my windows

How do I Remove windows live messenger account from my windows phone
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you tell me the make and model of your phone please?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Nokia Lumia 800

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Ruth

As the Nokia is a windows phone, you must use A Windows Live account.

It is forced onto you with this.

Apple do the same with an Apple Account as does Android phones.

The only way to remove it is to reset the phone. But when you setup the phone again, you will need to add a Windows Live account, it is unavoidable.

You can make a "dummy" one while setting up the phone, just to satisfy the requirement, and then never use it, but at least one Live avccount needs to be in use.

If you wish to do this, then to do the reset (remember it deletes ALL your data and returns the phone to new, but this cannot be avoided). then do the following please

From the main menu either swipe right-to-left on the touchscreen or press the right arrow button on the top right of the interface.
Scroll through the icons until you get to the ‘Settings’ menu. Then, tap the ‘Settings’ icon.
Scroll down to the ‘About’ menu which should be second from the bottom. Tap it.
Press the ‘Reset Your Phone’ button.

Once it has completed, you can setup a dummy account as part of the process for setting up the phone, and use this new account.

If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.