Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

I am having problems accessing my Hotmail account. In the normal

I am having problems accessing my Hotmail account. In the normal course of events I log on to the internet though virgin media. I then enter MSN Hotmail on the Google search bar which then gives listings for Hotmail I select one of the Hotmail sign on listings which brings up the sign on page I then enter my e-mail address and password XXXXX enter the web site. Today I find a message from Microsoft asking me to provide a security code before I can enter my Hotmail account. If I do not have a security code they will send me one. As my e-mail address [email protected] I will be unable to see their e-mail or the security code because they have blocked access to the site where their e-mail will arrive. Is there a way around this and who do I contact?
I have an alternative e-mail address which [email protected] and would be obliged if you can use this to let me have your reply.

Yours sincerely

Paul Butterfant
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

I would like you to do this as the first step please

Click on my link below and follow the process to reset your Hotmail password.

https://account.live.com/ResetPassword.aspx

Once you have reset the password, then use this new password XXXXX sign into your account.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have completed a questionnaire with security questions and have been advised that I will get a new password/security code with 24hrs

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Great Paul

You just need to wait out the 24 hours and it will then be sent to you.

I have marked this question to never close, so if you have any problems then you just let me know here. There is no time limit on this.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.