Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

brand new computer running Windws 8.1, installed Microsoft

Customer Question

brand new computer running Windws 8.1, installed Microsoft Flight FSX, When I click on the menu bar(top left hand corneron screen ) I get Fatel error . and icrosoft and windows restart
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you tell me the exact error you receive please?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

message just says, Fatel Error , windows and Microsoft flight simulator x will restart

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.

Is the game

Microsoft Flight Simulator X Standard ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Microsoft Flight Simulator Gold Edition

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thanks,

The problem is it is not compatible with Windows 8 Gordon (a lot of software still is not).

It has to run on Windows 7, Windows Vista, or Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2)

There is no way to get around this sorry, apart from waiting until Microsoft has released a patch to allow it to run on Windows 8 (though they have not communicated yet when this will occur).

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have got FSX working on wndows 8.1. ts just when I clckon the menu bar , I get the error message

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
It will not run Gordon.

You can get it to install, and maybe get pieces to run, but the game will not properly run

The graphics is too intense currently for windows 8, so when it needs to do anything with this you will get the crash.

You need to run in on a windows 7 computer or below.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

sorry but ive got it working fin , th playsims vrf Scotland scenery and Scotflight VOL3 installed and works perfect , only the menu bar that's not working .and ths is a brand new computer bought 2 days ago .

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Gordon,

Did you read my past messages?

I am not sure what more to say, the installation is very straight forward, and it is slated not to run with Windows 8 in a compatible manner.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok thanks ,

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
your welcome.

You need to run it on Windows 7. Any software you now get you need to carefully check if it is designed for windows 8, else it will not run correctly Gordon.

It is an issue with a lot of software available. Windows 8 is radically different to all previous windows versions.