Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

How do I connect an S video output to my Widows 8 computer

How do I connect an S video output to my Widows 8 computer using a USB 2 input. The device I use works on XP & Vista why not on 8?
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you tell me the make and model of the device please?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have used a K2 analogue to digital converter up 'til now, manufactured by Keane

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thanks John

Windows 8 was a big change from previous versions of Windows and as such a lot of hardware is not compatible, including this. It is down to how Windows 8 manages the hardware, which is quite different.

I cannot say if updates will be provided to make it compatible, as nothing has been communicated, and advise you ton get a windows 8 compatible Analogue to Digital converter to run S-Video.

This device does this, and is working with Windows 8.

Click me to view

It will work with Power Director. But you either need to get this device, or downgrade to Windows 7 in order to resume working.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Video2 PC Mk11 purchased & still doesn't work I have contacted Ion Audio!

John