IT Miro
IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

I have lost my back emails and on opening livemail have had

I have lost my back emails and on opening livemail have had a dialog box referring to 'orphaned account' and giving error code 0x00000000.2. I have previously gone online to find out how to fix this error and found an answer that gave a proccedure for removing and reinstalling live essentials which a) was unclear and b) did not work
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  IT Miro replied 3 years ago.

Hello! I am IT Miro and I will assist you on this question.

Please check if you are able to sign in to your e-mail account via web browser, not via Windows Live Mail.

To do that, please click on the link below:

http://www.hotmail.com

Let me know if you were able to sign in or you receive an error message.

Thanks,
IT Miro
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello Miro - sorry for delay... it was bedtime here when we last communicated. I can sign in successfully

Expert:  IT Miro replied 3 years ago.
Hi again!

If you can sign in to Hotmail web interface, it means the problem is not with your e-mail account, but with Windows Live Mail.

Please let me know which Windows version you use and I will provide the instructions on how to fix the problem.

Thanks,
IT Miro
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I use windows 7 home ed.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 3 years ago.
Hi again!

Sorry for the delay - I was away from the computer.

It seems that something has happened to Windows Live Mail settings which caused that problem.

First, you can use System Restore to restore settings to a previous point in time, when all worked fine.

To do that, follow these steps:

1. Click the Windows Start button and type system restore into the search box and press Enter (or click Windows Start button and point to All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore)

2. You should see System Restore window. You will be given a choice to select either Recommended restore or Choose a different restore point

3. Since Recommended restore is usually one day old, select Choose a different restore point and press Next

4. You should see a list of restore points based on a date. You can also tick a box that says Show more restore points (if available)

5. Select a date when you know Windows Live Mail worked fine

6. To confirm, click Next and then Finish

7. Your computer will restart and restore all system settings to the date you selected

Don't worry about your personal files because they won't be affected by this process.

I hope this helps!

If not, you can remove current Windows Live Mail database so that it can be re-created at the next start.

Here is how to do that:

1. Exit Windows Live Mail if it is running

2. Click the Windows Start button and type or copy & paste this command below into the search box and press Enter:
%homepath%\appdata\local

3. A new window will open and there locate a folder named Windows Live Mail. Either delete that folder or rename it to something else, for example to Windows Live Mail-old

4. After that, restart your computer

5. After the restart, start Windows Live Mail and re-add your Hotmail account. Wait for the e-mails to download and there shouldn't be any problems now

In case you uninstalled Windows Live Mail, you can download it on THIS LINK.

Let me know the results.

Regards,

IT Miro

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks again - its late on were so I will follow your answer through in the morning and let you know the result.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 3 years ago.
Sure, no problem.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Tried system restore route (tried that already prior to contacting you)- still cannot access emails back further than two days ago. Then started removal of w. live mail database - inputting the command you gave me brought up two files 'Local' and 'LocalLow' - opened both -Local had only Windows Live and W.L.Writer files - opened Windows live - cache file and a series of file codenames showed - so closed this route down .

.Went through Windows start - all programs and found Windows Live Mail prog. on listing.- checked compatibility tab for this and it was set for XP so changed that to 7 and applied change. - restarted computer.

Went back to run live mail but cannot access emails more than two/three days old. Could storage space be full? -(I was not warned that storage was close to full) -NB on getting original error message I did try the recommended downloading of windows live essentials progs including live mail to replace any possible corruption of windows live mail

Expert:  IT Miro replied 3 years ago.
Hi again!

This could be the problem with the Windows Live Mail storage, so let's disable current storage on your computer so it can be recreated. To do that, follow my second set of instructions - open the "Local" folder and there locate the Windows Live folder. Rename it to something else, then start Windows Live Mail.

You will be asked to re-add your e-mail account so proceed with it. It will then re-download e-mails from the mail server and store it into the new storage. Check if you can then open all e-mails.

In case you still cannot, it you can reset Internet Explorer settings to their default and then set it as default web browser - that action helps with other Windows Live Mail issues, so check if it will help solve the problem you are experiencing, in case re-creating the storage didn't help.

To reset Internet Explorer settings to their default, follow these instructions:

1. Exit all open Internet Explorer windows

2. Click the Windows Start button and then Control Panel

3. There click on Network and Internet and then Internet Options

4. When the Internet Options window opens, click on the last tab - Advanced

5. There click on the Reset... button located at the bottom

6. After you have clicked it, click the new Reset button located at the bottom, without checking the Delete personal settings check-box

7. After that, Internet Explorer settings will reset to their defaults. Click Close and exit Internet Properties window

8. Wait for 5 seconds and then start Internet Explorer and check it that helped

After that, make sure to set it as default web browser - go back to the Internet Options window and click on the Programs tab. Click the Make default button. After that, restart the computer and check the results.

Regards,
IT Miro

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi - I am having problems with my ISP (virgin media) not accepting my ISP password XXXXX this account and have phoned them to acquire a new one. The new one is also not working thus I am not able to receive any emails!

I will need to resolve this prior to going further in completing your last set of instructions.

Have sorted out above and run both sets of instructions you sent. I am receiving / sending new emails fine but 'older' emails are not uploading to me and computer software has been through 'cleaning' after my ISP problems but before running your remedial instructions. Could my back emails be deleted from the server or could they have been inadvertently saved over to some 'dark' corner of my files? How could I check for this latter possibility?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

please see edit to my last post to you for current situation

Expert:  IT Miro replied 3 years ago.
Hi!

I thought you were using a Hotmail account, not Virgin Media account. Or, are you using both of them?

In case you forgot your Virgin Media account password, you can reset it by clicking on the link below:
https://my.virginmedia.com/forgot-details/password

Once you have reset the password, you can add that account in Windows Live Mail and all the e-mails should re-download from the e-mail server into your computer.

Let me know how that goes.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi - I don't have a Hotmail address and only use my virgin media account email address ie it is my only alias. Reinstalling it gave me a screen that I was installing the same account that I deleted so that alias is set up OK.

I checked my virgin password XXXXX and it is in order.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 3 years ago.
OK.

What I think would finally solve the problem is:

1. uninstall Windows Live Mail (Windows Live Essentials)

2. delete or rename the Windows Live storage folder on your computer

3. re-install Windows Live Mail (Windows Live Essentials) - DOWNLOAD LINK

4. re-add the Virgin Media account

Please do that and let me know the results.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Before I do the above procedure I am now having problems with my ISP (Virgin) in that my password XXXXX XXXXX recognised and this despite having been in contact with virgin and gone through their procedures including changing password XXXXX re-establish the link.

The error message codes are

server error 0x800ccc90 and

windows live email error ID 0x800ccc92

The result is that several tasks are not completed though some seem to be completed. Does this affect the advice you gave?

I do however receive (some?) new emails

Expert:  IT Miro replied 3 years ago.
Hi!

Those errors refer to "login failed", which means the user name or password XXXXX your e-mail account is wrong. If you don't know the current password, you will need to reset it.

Clicking on the link below and following the instructions should do it:

If not, you need to contact Virgin Media and request the password XXXXX be changed. Then type the new password XXXXX Windows Live Mail and check the results.

I am not sure how it is possible for you to receive some of the new e-mails since the password XXXXX to be wrong.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have already contacted Virgin and gone through password XXXXX - in fact twice! Also have carried out same password XXXXX for Windows live mail. I am in the process of checking my settings for cookies and javascript.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 3 years ago.
OK.

Let me know what that goes. In case there are still some errors messages, I think the best way would be to use remote desktop assistance so that I can remotely connect to your computer and check the issues and solve them for you.

IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience: Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Miro - success at last! - Modified cookies and java settings and was able once again to access my email history through' My Virgin' account and am now able to action the content of some of the' lost' mails.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 3 years ago.
I am very glad it is working now!

In case you require any other assistance, let me know. I will gladly help again.

Regards,
IT Miro