This could be the problem with the Windows Live Mail storage, so let's disable current storage on your computer so it can be recreated. To do that, follow my second set of instructions - open the "Local" folder and there locate the Windows Live
folder. Rename it to something else, then start Windows Live Mail.
You will be asked to re-add your e-mail account so proceed with it. It will then re-download e-mails from the mail server and store it into the new storage. Check if you can then open all e-mails.
In case you still cannot, it you can reset Internet Explorer settings to their default and then set it as default web browser - that action helps with other Windows Live Mail issues, so check if it will help solve the problem you are experiencing, in case re-creating the storage didn't help.
To reset Internet Explorer
settings to their default, follow these instructions:
1. Exit all open Internet Explorer windows
2. Click the Windows Start button and then Control Panel
3. There click on Network and Internet and then Internet Options
4. When the Internet Options window opens, click on the last tab - Advanced
5. There click on the Reset... button located at the bottom
6. After you have clicked it, click the new Reset button located at the bottom, without checking the Delete personal settings check-box
7. After that, Internet Explorer settings will reset to their defaults. Click Close and exit Internet Properties window
8. Wait for 5 seconds and then start Internet Explorer and check it that helped
After that, make sure to set it as default web browser - go back to the Internet Options window and click on the Programs tab. Click the Make default button. After that, restart the computer and check the results.