Chris L.
Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified Expert with over 10 years experience.
51029781

I wish to upgrade my windows XP system to widows 7 but all

I wish to upgrade my windows XP system to widows 7 but all I get from your web site is ads to buy Win 8.1 or a new system. The system is not suitable for 8.1 but according to the upgrade check its suitable for Win 7. Ian
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Chris L. replied 3 years ago.
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX certified computer professional with over 10 years experience. I will be happy to help you.

Microsoft seems to have removed all of their pages tyo purchase windows 7 as a digital download. Most likely because they are trying to push windows 8 on everyone.

What I would suggest you do is buy the retail version of windows 7 on a disc. This is better because if you need to or if you need to repair windows at some point you will have the disc.

This is the version for "system builders" which is the cheapest and does not have the un-needed retail packaging. The only thing with this version is you can only use on one computer.

The best price I could locate is here:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Microsoft-Windows-software-intended-builders/dp/B004Q0PT3I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1395504241&sr=8-1&keywords=windows+7

If you want the full retail version you can buy that here:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Microsoft-Windows-Home-Premium-Version/dp/B002DUCMT2/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1395504420&sr=8-5&keywords=windows+7

If you have a moment please rate my service by clicking on one of the faces below, positive ratings are appreciated. You can always return to this page to talk with me any time.

Chris