Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

Good Morning, I hope you can help a couple of years ago I

Good Morning,
I hope you can help a couple of years ago I purchased a copy of Microsoft Office Home and Business 2010. I loaded this onto my desk top and two other laptops as it came with 3 licenses. My desk top stopped working a week or so ago and I had to buy a new desktop. I loaded all my files from my external back up drive and then proceeded to load OFFICE. I have now received a message saying that I have downloaded Office professional??? and I only have 28 days left. Can I disable the office on my old computer and transfer to my new one? I really need to do thios with out using my old computer again as it is not working very well. Can I do this from one of the laptops??

Regards,

Keith.
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Where exactly did you load office from?

Did you download it online?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I purchased a disk. This is the same disk I used in the new computer which I noe think I should not have done as I had used my three licenses.

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
You can Keith, you just need to register Office with the product key on the disk.

When it says you have 28 days left, click on that message to register the product, and enter the product key that is on the disk.

This will register and allow you to use it.

If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Can you first confirm that this is correct....
I purchased Office Home and Business 2010 with three licences The product which I believe I am now using and has been down loaded is Microsoft Office Professional 2010 and is a trial for 28 days. After which Microsoft want me to purchase that product. If I click on that product will it allow me to register Office HOME and BUSINESS 2010? A different product?

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
It is a different product.

This is your problem, and why I asked where you installed it from.

You indicated the disk you received when you purchased it?

You need to install it from the disk, not download it as your downloading a different product that you need to pay for.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry my fault we are talking at cross purposes. I purchased the disk, installed it three times. I know have a new computer. I installed it again on the new computer and then received the trial office how do I reinstall office home and business?

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
ok, I think you have confused your situation here and installed the wrong copy.

Click start, Control Panel, Programs, Uninstall a Program.

Click on Office and uninstall it.

Once uninstalled, restart the computer.

Then put the Office Home and Business DISK in the computer and install it from this disk.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No sorry, I have not installed the wrong copy, lets start again....I purchased OFFICE HOME and BUSINESS I have installed this on three computers (1 desk top and two laptops a couple of years ago). Last week my desk top packed up and I have bought a new HP computer. I inserted the Office Home and Business disk into my new computer and installed it and I am know receiving this message saying I have 28 day trial with office professional

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
yes, and I told you what you had to do Keith

You replied to this with "Sorry my fault we are talking at cross purposes."

Why? Why not do the instructions?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Because I was under the impression Office Professional and Office Home and Business are two different products and by registering my product key which is for office home and business would not work with office professional?? And I may end up paying for office professional?

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
They are two different products.

But if you installed from the Office Home and Business Disk, it is impossible to have Office Professional installed. It just cannot happen.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK I have installed from Office Home and Business disk but I have now installed it FOUR times but I am only using three computers the dead computer is no longer used and will be on its way to the tip. Am I OK or will Microsoft be on to me because I have installed four times with only three licenses?

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
It depends if they have updated the counter for installs.

If you get a message you have installed it too many times, just call (0)844(NNN) NNN-NNNNand inform you are reinstalling (yet again) on your computer and need the counter reset.

They do this and you can then install it. you wont get problems with this.

If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.