Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

as micro soft is no longer supporting windowsxp what steps

Customer Question

as micro soft is no longer supporting windowsxp what steps do i need to take
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 years ago.

Jess M. :

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am glad to assist you today. Please let me know when you are ready for chat....

Customer:

yes

Jess M. :

Thank you for joining chat....

Jess M. :

May I know the exact make and model of your Windows XP computer?

Jess M. :

Something like, HP Pavilion DV2450G

Customer:

hpcompaqdc77oopsff

Jess M. :

Thank you for that information.... So you are using Windows XP on an HP Compaq computer....

Jess M. :

Yes, Microsoft is retiring the support for Windows XP. However, this simply means that Microsoft will no longer be releasing updates for Windows XP....

Jess M. :

These updates are used or developed by Microsoft to "update" Windows XP for new hardware peripherals and security updates to avoid security issues like hacking or malware infections....

Jess M. :

However, if you have an updated antivirus software, there is no need to worry. You're computer is still secure and protected by your antivirus software so there is no security issues to worry about in this case.

Jess M. :

As a matter of fact, since Windows XP is the so-called most stable version of Microsoft windows, and is widely used and supported, I believe that you can still use your computer without any problem for the next 3 to 5 years as long as your computer hardware will not fail due to wear and tear....