Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I wish to purchase Microsoft Word at the the lowest price,

Customer Question

I wish to purchase Microsoft Word at the the lowest price, for my DELL laptop. What do you recommend?. I have Windows 8.1 installed.

Leonard Chapman.
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 years ago.

Jess M. :

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is Jess and I am glad to assist you today. Please tell me when you are ready for chat....

Jess M. :

It appears that you are offline now.. Just reply to me here any time when you are back online so that we can proceed...

Jess M. :

Do you want to just buy MS Word? Or MS Office where MS Word is included?

JACUSTOMER-e3ee3zq3- :

I am trying to purchase Microsoft Word software, not a subscription. What has gone wrong?

Jess M. :

Thank you for writing back. I believe you were trying to purchase MS Word 365, this is the version that works in a "subscription" mode.

Jess M. :

Was the purchase done already? Other versions of MS Word are not subscription-like... example is MS Word 2013 or MS Word 2010

JACUSTOMER-e3ee3zq3- :

No I wish to purchase Word only, around £74 .00 or cheaper.Please cancel my Visa debit cards details and start again.

Jess M. :

I am sorry about the confusion. So are you saying that you already made the purchase?

JACUSTOMER-e3ee3zq3- :

Yes £28.00

Jess M. :

I am sorry about the issue, but where did you make the purchase? I suggest that you call the online vendor regarding your wrong purchase

Jess M. :

You are contacting us here at justanswer.com, an independent technical support company...

JACUSTOMER-e3ee3zq3- :

I gave you my Visa card details on this Microsoft website.

Jess M. :

I am very sorry but we are not affiliated with Microsoft. Did you make the purchase with Microsoft Store online? I suggest that you call them directly regarding this issue....

Jess M. :

Here is the link:

Jess M. :

The problem here is that, the version you bought was 365, it is a new delivery mode of Microsoft, the "subscription" mode...

Jess M. :

If you want a single installation license, NOT a subscription, then you need to purchase versions supporting that....

Jess M. :

For instance, is MS Word 2010 or MS Word 2013

Jess M. :

Please give me a moment, I will find you a link of that MS Word version...

Jess M. :

If this MS Word 2013 software is for Home use only, you can purchase the "Non-commercial" version, here is the link:

JACUSTOMER-e3ee3zq3- :

This is going nowhere, I need to know how I can cancel this payment.

Jess M. :

Well, I am helping you here to get the right purchase, just responding to your question posted in our site....

Jess M. :

Do you want to discontinue with this question?

Jess M. :

Or you want to cancel the £28.00 of your MS Word subscription?

Jess M. :

If you want to cancel the £28.00 you paid for MS Word 365 subscription, I suggest that you call the online vendor where you bought the subscription...

Jess M. :

If you bought it from Microsoft Store, then the link I gave you has the contact info that you can call....

JACUSTOMER-e3ee3zq3- :

I want to know what has happened to my VISA card details I gave regarding this enquiry. I wish to cancel the subscription. Please give me a link to the vendor.

Jess M. :

Thank you for that confirmation. If you want to cancel your purchase of MS Word 365, you need to contact the vendor where you bought the subscription. Here is the link:

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msuk/en_GB/DisplayHelpContactUsPage/

Jess M. :

In that page, you can see the contact numbers to call....

Jess M. :

Now, do you still want to know the cheapest MS Word version that will fit your need?

Jess M. :

Here is the link for Microsoft Return and Refund policy:
http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msuk/en_GB/DisplayHelpReturnsRefundsPage/

Jess M. :

As their policy states, you need to call the Sales & Support team with 14 days from the date of purchase....

Jess M. :

Now, if you are looking for the cheapest MS Word version, then there is one that I can recommend to you... It is MS Word 2013 Non-Commercial version. It is only 69.99 from Microsoft Store.

Jess M. :

Here is the link, you might be interested:

Jess M. :

That is the version that matches your budget but this version shall be used for non-commercial or non-revenue generating activities as indicated in the bottom of the page in the link I gave you above...

Jess M. :

I hope that helped...

Jess M. :

Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!

If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

JACUSTOMER-e3ee3zq3- :

If I have not been dealing with Microsoft, please tell me the name of the company to whom I gave my payment details to.

Jess M. :

Hi, I am not exactly sure where you purchased your MS Word 365 software but I believe it is with Microsoft Store. Have you tried to call them?

Jess M. :

If you are asking as to what company you are dealing with now, with me, you are contacting JustAnswer.com, as you can see there in your page. We are an independent pay-for-answer and technical support company. We are not affiliated with Microsoft or any other computer vendors

Jess M. :

By the way Leonard, have you checked the MS Word 2013 Non-Commercial version from the link I gave you? That is the cheapest version of MS Word that you can buy that fits the budget that you mentioned...

Jess M. :

You can also buy that in the link that I gave you....

Jess M. :

If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to post a reply here any time so that I can assist you further.

Jess M. :

Also, please remember to rate me positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. I can still respond to you any time for follow up questions even after your positive rating.

Jess M. :

Thank you for using our service.

Best regards,
Jess

Jess M. :

How is it going? Were you able to buy online the version of Microsoft Word that I gave you? If you need further assistance with this, please let me know....