Viet -MS Office Tech
Viet -MS Office Tech, Other
Experience:  Ten years of computer hardware and software support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac; Microsoft Office, etc.
30037186

I am having a problem which i was told might be a windows issue.

Customer Question

I am having a problem which i was told might be a windows issue. I can log on to my computer using other people accounts but not my own. I keep getting Log in failed Profile cannot be loaded.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Viet -MS Office Tech replied 2 years ago.

Hello Pauline! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Please try this: turn off your computer. Then turn it on, and right after the black screen with white text or the computer company logo disappears, press & release key F8 repeatedly until a menu appears, then you select Safe Mode (note: if there is no menu, then try the same steps again, but this time, press key F8 a bit earlier). Then login and click Start->all programs->accessories->system tools->system restore and restore the computer to any date before this issue has occurred, then wait until system restore finishes, then check.

Does that work? Please click on the Reply to Expert tab below, and reply back to me, so I can provide another solution if there is still issue. Thank you very much.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

How will I find you if I am shutting this computer down? I am using the computer which will not allow me to log in to my account on it but I can use a friends email and account on the same computer?

What's the model of your computer? Does it have windows 7 or 8, etc.?

You can bookmark/add to favorites this web page. And/or check your email for message from Viet / JustAnswer later in order to get back to me via this web page.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok Windows 7

Thank you. Please try my above solution, then let me know the result later. I will provide another solution if it does not work. Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Can I ask by paying the £28 is that for this session only? Or is the company going to take £28 monthly? I need to know this obviously. I did not sign up for a free trial and £28 per month I only needed help today

Yes, this is a one-time support session per your request. (Monthly support subscription is optional.)

Note: if you cannot go to safe mode, then do a system restore in normal mode with another (administrator) account if possible.

If that does not work, in Safe mode (or in another (administrator) account if possible), click on Start, All programs, Accessories, Run... (or press at the same time the two keys Windows and R), then type:

control userpasswords2

then click OK.

Then click on Add..., then give it a user name you want, then Next, and password, then next, then select the Administrator option, then Finish

(if needed, another (administrator) account if possible, you can create a new administrator account from Start->Control Panel->User Accounts...->Manage another account.)
, then restart the computer normally, then log in the new account and see if you can use the computer in the new account.

Once that is done, to transfer your data, i.e., documents, pictures, etc. from the old to new account, please log in the new account first
, then in the new account, click on Start, then Computer
, then open the C: drive, then folder Users, then open the old account name folder there
, then open each of these folders:

Documents
Desktop
Pictures
Favorites
Videos

, then copy all the subfolders/ files in each of the above folders, to similar location of the new account name folder.

(Note: Don't delete the old account for now (in the new account, you would go to Start, control panel, user accounts..., manage another account, then select the old account, and delete.) Let's make sure everything works fine in the new account for a week or so first, then you can delete the old account.)

Edit: It looks like you are away. When you are available, please click on the Reply to Expert tab below, and reply back to me, so I can help further if there is still any issue. Thank you,