Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Office Software Specilaist
Experience:  I am a self-employed computer specialist more than 10 years experience working with Microsoft Office computer software.
76287196

I have created a table of data in Excel. I want to plot a graph

Customer Question

I have created a table of data in Excel. I want to plot a graph with X values along the horizontal axis and Y values along the vertical axis. Each pair of values of X and Y are to be represented by a small circle. I then want to draw a curved line that fits closest to this set of points. How?
XXXXX XXXXX
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Joel Kalman replied 3 years ago.

JoelK :

Hello. Thank you for your question. My goal is to provide excellent customer service.

JoelK :

I understand that you want to plot a graph of your data in Excel. I can help you with that.

JACUSTOMER-7ndhi2p2- :

Thank you. Please go ahead.

JACUSTOMER-7ndhi2p2- :

Michael T

JoelK :

Excel calls their graphs line charts, and they have various styles. First highlight the data values that you want to plot, including the row or column headings.

JoelK :

Please let me know if you are ready to begin.

JACUSTOMER-7ndhi2p2- :

OK I have the data in two columns

JoelK :

Highlight the column for the y-axis, and click on the small dialog indicator that appears slightly below and to the left of the data.

JoelK :

Are you with me?

JoelK :

This will allow you to select charts, and if you scroll through the various charts, the best and simplest one is next to the last. What version of Excel do you have? If it is relatively new, it will have the menu ribbons. I am describing how the newer versions of Excel work.

JoelK :

I can work with the older versions too, but I do not have them installed on my system right now.

JoelK :

Please let me know when you are ready to continue.