jstinehelfer
jstinehelfer, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  A+ Comptia Certified computer repair
63323962

toget into my e-mails I go into Outlook 2010. Up come 2 (two)

Customer Question

toget into my e-mails I go into Outlook 2010. Up come 2 (two) accounts on the LHS of my system:-
a) Outlook Data File
b) Account [email protected] which was provided free with my Plusnet account (My Service provider). Under this account I can access all my incoming e-mails. Sent Items etc. If I need to access one of the items on the Inbox and then go out of e-mails system I may vacate Outlook 2010. If I then wish to re-enter Outlook 2010 and my e-mail address account this comes up as 'Not accessible'. Only the Outlook Data File account is available and this does not give me access to my incoming e-mails etc.
Please can you resolve this for me. I have contacted PlusNet and they seem to think this is in your court. Thank you. XXXXX Cozens
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is Jess and I am glad to assist you today.

Can you please tell me the part of your email address with the @ sign? I cannot see the email address you posted because it is displayed as [email protected] for policy reasons. Please post only the part with the @ sign, like @yahoo.com.

Also, are you using Windows XP, Vista, 7 or 8?

Please let me know so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Jess

I am on Windows 7.

e-mail address is @Mmalcoz.plus.com

Hope this is OK.

Malcolm (Cozens)

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Hi Malcolm,

Thank you for writing back with that information. I am having difficulty visualizing your problem as it is hard to imagine as to how the settings in your Outlook 2010 are set and what exactly it looks like.

So you hace 2 items in the LHS and when you open your emails in the Account entitled with the email address, and then go to any email, when you go back to Outlook, you are getting an error. Is this correct?

Also, will you allow me to remotely access your computer and perform the diagnostics and fix while you watch? It will be easier and a faster approach. Just let me know so that I can give you the procedures for me to connect to your computer.

Regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Jess,

Thanks so far but let me give an example.

If one of the incoming e-mails has an 'Attachment' when I have viewed the 'Attachment' I might then go right out of Outlook 2010 and do something else. When, after a few minutes, I wish to go back into my incoming e-mails. when I enter Outlook 2010 only the Outlook Data File bock is accessible on the LHS of the screen. Any attempt to access my e-mail address section results in a statement across the screen to the effect that it is not accessible because a whole selection of files are in use elsewhere. I then have to turn my whole computer off, leave it for some extended period of time eg, sometimes as long as overnight, then next morning when I switch on, everything is back to normal/correct operation with my e-mail account section back and available and all the Inbox, Sent Items, Deleted items etc. are able to be seen.

Of course you may remotely access my computer if that helps though I will probably not be around to watch.

Malcolm

.

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Hi Malcolm,

Thank you for writing back. If you would allow me to remotely access your computer to help you directly, we need to use a remote tool.

Please go to this link:
http://www.teamviewer.com/en/index.aspx

In that page, click on the green Download button and save the file to your computer. Then after downloading, run it to install. I already have that tool. When the tool is installed and opened, please give me the 9-digit ID and the 4 digit password so that I can connect to your computer.

Keep me posted.
Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Jess,

Sorry for delay - had difficulty in getting the TeamViewer installed. Hope it is now OK

ID is 201 491 369

Password is 3i81wp (hardly 4 digit so is it correct?)

Malcolm

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Can you please check the password? It should be 4 digit only. I tried it and it is not accepted.

Jess
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Malcolm,

It appears that you are offline now. Please let me know when you are back online so that we can resume with the remote fix.

Best regards,
Jess
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Hi Malcolm,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. If you need further assistance with this, please don't hesitate to let me know, I am still here to help you with your email and computer issues.

Best regards,
Jess