Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

We have had a problem with our computer which has entailed

We have had a problem with our computer which has entailed us having tp re install microsoft office/word. We have had great difficulties trying to install this as we haven't got the original Product Key. however we have got the code which is on the back of the card we were given when we bought the computer at the beginning of December 2012. We also have the receipt. the code is as follows xxxxxxxxxxxxx the Manager of our local PCWorld store in Worcester, Guy, hopes you will be able to link this number to our product Key so that we can reinstall Office/Word which was lost when our computer recently went to Hewlett Packard to be repaird. They wiped Office/Word off. I do so hope you can help us with this problem as we paid for this to be installed when we bought the computer Dec. 2012 but now we can no longer access it.

Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you tell me exactly how you received Microsoft Office please?

Was it already installed on the computer?

Did you purchase it afterwards? And if so, how?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

We bought the computer first and the package was installed in store

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, you would always be provided with a copy of the Microsoft Office disk and packaging if it was done legally (meaning that you actually purchased it and they did not illegally install it).

This card you mentioned, what exactly is written on the card Chris?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

it was installed instore when we purchased the PC , we were not given the 25 character code . The characters on the card ...Office Home and Student 2010

is

xxxxxxxxx

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, and where did you download and install this current version of Office Chris when reinstalling it?

And exactly which version of Office is it?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

WE DIDNT PC WORLD TRIED AND THEY COULDNT BECAUSE WE NEED THE PRODUCT KEY FROM THE PIN NUMBER THAT I HAVE GIVEN YOU..

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, the problem is Chris, that the Product Key only works with the actual product you installed.

You cannot go out and install another version of Office, and then use this product key. Microsoft stop this from happening, you need to use the actual installation

This is the problem you have.

We will try to install it another way.

Uninstall the current version of office you have installed.

Then go to my link below and try to retrieve the backup of Office (if they did indeed do this for you correctly)

Click me to open

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Richard I am not clever enough to uninstall Office/Word so I can't do what you asked me to. So, I am still in the situation where we can't get Office/Word. I don't know what I am going to do. I had hoped you could have done it for me. Thanks Chris
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thats no problem Chris, I can tell you how.

Which version of windows are you using?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I will just look...would it be Windows 2008?
It's the new format one
C
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, I believe you mean windows 8

Press the windows key + X and click on Control Panel

Then click on Programs

Uninstall a Program

Click on Office, then click on uninstall

Once it has uninstalled, restart the computer

Let me know when you have please.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am doing as u have said great!
What do I answer to the question
Do you want to allow the following program to update software on this comp. ....Yes or No?
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Say No please Chris
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have pressed no, Richard
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.

Has the uninstall now completed Chris?

Office is removed from the computer

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
How do I know when it has uninstalled as page looks the same ?
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Try to run Office, and if it is uninstalled, you will not see it there.

Richard, Software Engineer
Experience: Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
When I pressed office app box has come up with 3 options
I already purchased office.....activate

Go online to purchase office.....purchase

Try office free for a limited time.....try

This is what it said before I contacted you when we tried to get onto office.
C
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, then you did not do my instructions correctly Chris.

I will log on and do them

Can you please click on my link below.

http://tinyurl.com/9439e

This will download a program to your computer.

Run this program by double clicking it.

You will then see a ID and Password.

Please send that to me in your next message.

Do not close the program, please leave it open.

Make sure to seperate the code numbers with a space eg: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Richard I am answering your questions and writing to you on. My iPad. I. Have my computer on my knee also and am carrying out the actions you ask me on the computer. I had to click on your link on my iPad. How do I do it on the computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, on your computer, just go to the address

http://tinyurl.com/9439e

In your web browser please and run the file that is downloaded.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I'd. 2 5 7 8 5 5 7 6 1

Password XXXXX 0 4 1
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok have done and sent you I'd and password
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
connected
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
RICHARD, HAVE THOUGHT ABOUT OUR SITUATION OVERNIGHT AND HAVE DECIDED TO GO BACK TO PC WORLD ..OUR LOCAL STORE AND ASK THEM TO REINSTALL MICROSOFT OFFICE/WORD NOW WE HAVE DELETED IT. IT WILL THEN BE A ONE OFF PAYMENT RATHER THAN AN ONGOING ANNUAL SUBSCRIPTION. THIS IS OUR FINAL DECISION.
SO, THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH FOR ALL YOUR TIME, HELP AND PATIENCE WITH ONE RETIRED NOT VERY SAVY WITH COMPUTERS, LADY.,CHRIS
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
No problem at all Chris.

If they give you any difficulties, please let me know