Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

Ihave have Outlook 2010 on two desktops and a laptop. One of

Customer Question

Ihave have Outlook 2010 on two desktops and a laptop. One of the desktops has recently been repaired and the contacts list is now empty, To avoid having to retype all the details I would like to copy the contents of the contacts folder from the other desktop or my laptop and transfer them to the repaired desktop. Is this possible and if so how do I do it? All three computers operate on Windows 7
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Yes it is possible.

To do this, do the following please

Click the File tab.
Click Options.
Click Advanced.
Under Export, click Export.

In the Import and Export Wizard, click Export to a file, and then click Next.

Under Create a file of type, click the type of export that you want, and then click Next.

The most common is Comma Separated Values (Windows), also known as a CSV file.

Under Select folder to export from, select the contact folder that you want to export, and then click Next.

Under Save exported file as, click Browse, select a destination folder, and in the File name box, type a name for the file.
Click OK.
In the Export to a File dialog box, click Next.
Click Finish.

Then copy this CSV to the memory stick and then to the new computer.

On the new computer, open Outlook.

Click the File tab.
Click Open.
Click Import.

Click Import from another program or file, and then click Next.
Under Select the file type to import, click the file type of file you want to import, and then click Next.

The most common is Comma Separated Values (Windows), also known as a CSV file so select this

Under File to import, click Browse, select the file that you want to import, and then click OK. This is the CSV file we copied

In the Import a File dialog box, under Options, click one of the following:

Replace duplicates with items imported If an Outlook contact already exists, it is replaced by the information that you are importing.

Click Next.

In the Import a File dialog box, under Select destination folder, click a folder for the imported contacts, and then click Next.

This usually is the Contacts folder unless you have multiple accounts, or have created multiple contact folders for an account.

Click Finish.

Once done, your contacts are there on the computer.

If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The instructions look good. I have created a CSV and have opened it. But I cannot see how to copy it to the USB stick. Can you advise further?
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
You copy it XXXXX XXXXXke any file.

You close the CSV, then right click on the Actual File and select Copy

Then go to the USB Stick, right click and select Paste.

Just like any file.

Let me know the results please

Richard, Software Engineer
Experience: Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Success!! Thank you for your advice.
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Your most welcome Richard!

All the best