Josh
Josh, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Expert for over 10 years
50836188

how do I recover my email and contacts from a blocked acco

how do I recover my email and contacts from a blocked account
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Josh replied 3 years ago.
Hi! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Who is the email provider? Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo, etc.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

was Hotmail.co.uk

Expert:  Josh replied 3 years ago.
Martin,

I understand that you filled out the recovery form and part of my steps have you fill it out again but please follow them and complete the steps by posting on their private forum..

I am going to give you steps to a private forum that is checked by Outlook/Hotmail moderators that can assist you in real time.

First you are going to need to create another email address with Hotmail. Please go to the following link to create that.
https://signup.live.com/signup.aspx

Once you create the new address do the following.

Please click http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/hotmail/hotmail-support

Next choose "Your account has been temporarily blocked"

Tell them you have not been successful with the recovery form.

Be sure that under "Enter the email address (Microsoft Account) affected by this issue:"

You provide them the email address that is blocked and not the new one.

Under ‘Enter your contact email address:' give them the new account you just created.

In most cases they will respond in 24-72 hours, depending on how many requests they have waiting before yours.

A moderator can take a closer look at your account and work with you to try and help you get back in.

As well as sending the message directly to the moderator it can sometimes be quicker to reach out to them in their public forums and they may message you or ask you to message them privately with more information.

Go to the following link and click Participate and then click Ask a question on the menu at the top. A box will appear. In that box type what has happened. Remember to be very polite and give as much information as you can.

Here is the link to the forums: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com/

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

been through the support pages and the forums to no avail account totally blocked because of multiple attempts the new account is ok its my old account I need access to for my contacts and email addresses I have a aspx response from Microsoft but when I try to access it no document is found

Expert:  Josh replied 3 years ago.
Martin,

Please post that reply on the forum if you have already created a post. Each post on the forum is reviewed by a moderator and will speed up the process. Let them know that you received a file and you cannot open it.