Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

Hello I have an ACER laptop brought from PC World and in the

I have an ACER laptop brought from PC World and in the New Year downloaded OFFICE Professional 2013 from your web site.
It worked fine - we use it for ACCESS. A mailing programme.
However following a Windows Security update KB2929961 Office will not work and we cannot click on any of the office programmes WORD or EXCEL as well.
Using System restore we went back to before the update and the links all worked. We have now done this a few times after every time this update happens.
In fact we hardly ever use this laptop for internet activity it is specific to this mailing programme.
How can I stop this continuous happening as I do not want this upgrade yet it happens automatically each time without us being asked first?
Please help us.

Tony Gordon [email protected]
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

To stop this Tony, you want to ignore the update.

To ignore it, click start, control panel.

Type in the top right search Windows Update, and click on it when it appears.

Click on Check for Updates and wait for this to complete.

When it has, click on the X import updates are available.

Look in the list for the problem update, then uncheck it, then right click on it and select Hide Update.

It will then turn Grey and this update will not install anymore.

If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.