Jason Jones
Jason Jones, Computer Technician
Experience:  Over 10 years work experience.
30759776

Internet explorer has stopped working on my computer and I

Customer Question

Internet explorer has stopped working on my computer and I have to go through google chrome to get any internet access which is not straight forward. Can anyone help please? I am no computer tech so will need easy language!!! Have to admit grandchildren use this computer so there is a possibility something has been done by them - though most times the older one gets frustrated with me...
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 3 years ago.

Hello and thank you for your question today. My name is Jason. I look forward to helping you today.

If the Google Chrome browser is working, that means that the connection is good.

No extra charge:
May I please, start a remote screen sharing session with you so that I can better help you resolve this problem with Internet Explorer?

Jason

It may be that you just need to reset your Internet Explorer Settings.

Please, follow the instructions below to solve your problem:
- Open Internet Explorer
- In the top menu bar of Internet Explorer, click TOOLS (press Alt T )
- Click INTERNET OPTIONS
- Click the Connections tab
- Choose the NEVER DIAL A CONNECTION option if you can
- Click the Lan Settings button
- Uncheck everything there
- Click Ok > Ok

Go to google.com

Did that help at all?

I look forward to your next message or your rating below.

To rate me, you can click one of the faces below and click Submit/Ok or click the Accept button.

If you ever wish to work with me in the future, you can ask your new questions and have them sent to me directly at the following page: http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-computertechmaster/

Thank you again,
- Jason