Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

I bought Office 2013 on 7/8/13 for my desktop pc, order number

I bought Office 2013 on 7/8/13 for my desktop pc, order number XXXXXXXXXXX £219. I bought the download version. My desktop pc hard drive has failed and I want to put my Office 2013 on my new laptop. How do I do this?
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

To do this, go to the website

http://office.com/backup

Follow the instructions there to redownload and install your purchased copy of office again.

If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I entered the product key I had written down and got a message saying it isn't a valid key!!!

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Exactly how did you download Office again that your using this key for.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I bought it on 7/8/13, wrote down the product key and downloaded the software. What can I try next?

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
You need to download it again as per my instructions Mindy

Did you follow the instructions I provided?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, I have just repeated the process and got the same message saying it isn't a valid product key. What else can I try?

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
ok, something has gone wrong with the product code on their server Mindy, if you did do my instructions correctly.

Can you call 0844 800 24 00

Once in contact with a customer service representative, explain you have redownloaded your purchased office, but it is indicating the product key is incorrect.

They can then correct this on the server or issue you a new one (as they will see on your account you have purchased it).

I am still here, so if you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thanks I will try that

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you Mindy

They will correct it for you, as they can see on your account you purchased it already.

But for security and privacy reasons, it has to be done over the phone.

Like I said, any issue, let me know, and can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the smiley faces below.