Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

I cant get back into my email, and you are asking for an alternative

I can't get back into my email, and you are asking for an alternative email to send info but I don't have one I am 73, disabled and live alone, email is my lifeline!
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you tell me please which email service you are using?

eg: Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I think it is yahoo but I'm not sure

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
ok, to be sure, tell me the part of your email address ONLY AFTER the @ symbol please.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

btinternet.com

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.

Can you click on my link below please and try to reset your password XXXXX way.

http://register.btinternet.com/cgi-bin/load_page?page=/selfhelp/pwdRst_username.html

Follow the procedure completely, and if you are able to reset your password, use this new password XXXXX sign in.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I did not receive the answer - as I told you, i just got a blank screen. I called a friend and solved the problem without further help from you.

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
You did receive an Answer Tina, I gave it 55 seconds after your message.

Then you never replied until now.

Scroll up this page and you see this.

I don't think it is right to say what you just did and give me a bad rating, when why you believe is false.

Its not how to work with people, especially when they provided you an accurate and responsive service.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

As I keep explaining, I could not see your answer! I don't know how the whole problem arose, as I don't have a Microsoft account and the system kept asking me for one and telling me that my email was being accessed via Microsoft, whereas i normally go through Chrome. Since microsoft could not locate an account for me, they locked me out completely, but a friend was able to re-open the usual channels so at present i am OK.

However, if I couldn't see your answer, probably you couldn't see what I was answering to you either!

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
You are seeing them now.

And I saw everything you wrote.

Sorry, your the only customer that says this, and I feel the bad rating and the manner you conversed with me is not nice, and not how I treated you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, you are quite right, the bad rating is not your fault, it's an expression of how angry I was that Microsoft could not seem to accept that they had locked me out of my only email address and therefore I couldn't go through the procedure their Customer Service originally suggested for reopening everything.- they just kept asking me to find another email address, which is why I went on to your website in the hope of getting help.

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
ok, but the instructions I gave would have sorted you out in minutes, that's what is so annoying :) I just wanted you up and running quickly, instead you had a delay and I have a bad rating.

Is there a chance you would change the rating here Tina?

Or can I help you with anything else?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, of course I'll change the rating, you did your very best and deserve a much higher rating. I'm sure you did your very best, XXXXX XXXXX still don't know why I couldn't see your answer. I know there have been problems with Yahoo, and it may be that this was a compound problem in which the Microsoft element was only one part - i had to change all my passwords before I could get back in by another route. Having worked for IBM for many years, I get so frustrated now when technology which has come in since I retired defeats me - and I apologise for takng it out on you!

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
I can completly understand! When it goes wrong, it gets very annoying.

But if you ever need anything else, just tell me here please Tina.

And if you can click on of the smiley faces below, that would be appreciated.