Viet -MS Office Tech
Viet -MS Office Tech, Other
Experience:  Ten years of computer hardware and software support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac; Microsoft Office, etc.
30037186

Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window.

Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. The set of folders cannot be opened. The file C:\Users\DavidHPDesktop\Documents\Outlook Files\Outlook.pst is in use and cannot be accessed. Close any application that is using this file, and then try again. You might need to restart your computer.
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Viet -MS Office Tech replied 3 years ago.

Hello David! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. How did you try to recover navigation pane?

Do you have Microsoft Office / Outlook 2003, 2007, 2010, etc.?

Can we do a remote session, so we can chat, and I will be able to help you directly?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

1. Windows key/R, entered outlook.exe /resetnavpane and pressed enter.

2. I have Outlook 2010

3. Yes to remote chat.

This problem occurred after I downloaded a video download programme, gained a malware in my IE11 browser that deposited small Amazon & eBay buttons in the top margin (a browser re-direct malware?) In following advice to remove it I indexed a search window. May be the cause, not sure.

Please click on the website below, then click on Join session, then allow the Elsinore / ScreenConnect remote program to run:

http://166.78.231.170:8040/?Session=3ce263b0-d8ba-4753-ae34-23dd38dceddf

Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you
I have resolved the issue via remote support. If you need anything else later, please let me know any time. Please rate my service below. Thank you very much.