Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

Can I instal Word 97 on to a new HP laptop?

Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 years ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am glad to assist you today.

Is your new HP laptop running Windows 7 or Windows 8?

Please let me know so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I haven't bought it yet but it will be a HP laptop running Windows 8.1

Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 years ago.
Hi Sally,

Thank you for writing back. I am sorry but Microsoft Word 97 is not compatible with Windows 8 and Windows 8.1.

Here is the link to verufy that:
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/compatibility/CompatCenter/ProductViewerWithDefaultFilters?TempOsid=Windows%208.1&Locale=en-us&Architecture=X64&TextSearch=microsoft%2Boffice%2Bword%2B97&Type=Both&CurrentPage=0&TotalPages=1&ShowCriteria=0&SortCriteria=Relevance&Compatibility=Unknown&LastRequested=14

Also, here is the screen shot if you cannot use that link:

Since you will be using the new version of Windows, I highly recommend that you use new versions of MS Office like 2010 or 2013 so that it will be fully compatible with a whole bunch of cool features.

Another best option is the FREE desktop publishing software that is similar to MS Office, and that is OpenOffice or LibreOffice.

Here is the link:
http://www.libreoffice.org/

I hope that helped.

Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated! Cool

If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess