Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

I have received a phone call saying it was Microsoft and they

Customer Question

I have received a phone call saying it was Microsoft and they wanted to improve my computer speeds.After pressing several buttons including your logo and R together I realised it was a con.Could they now have access to my computer.
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is Richard and I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

No, you stopped it too early.

They were trying to get you to run and install a program, but pressing the logo button and R does not do this.

They needed another 10 minutes or so, and then they would try to get you to download and install a program, and then they would have had access.

But you stopped it too early for them to do this. You are ok.

Remember, no company would ever call you like this. So if it ever happens again, just hang up.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.