Jason Jones
Jason Jones, Computer Technician
Experience:  Over 10 years work experience.
30759776

I was contacted last night by a tech saying he was from microsoft

I was contacted last night by a tech saying he was from microsoft and my computer was infected and because I had failed to respond to the warning pop ups I would loose the use of my laptop. Do you make phone calls or was this a con, the outcome was that I bought 5 years cover of Malwarebite Total Internet Security. Am I safe and was the call genuine
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 3 years ago.

Hello and thank you for your question today. My name is Jason. I look forward to helping you today.

Microsoft will never call you.

It was a total scam.

What they do is offer you a remote "fix" for a cost. More often than not, they will just infect your computer with THEIR virus and demand payment to remove it.

As long as you didn't allow them to remote into your computer you are good to go.

As of right now, do you have any issues with your computer? If so, please, let me know.

I look forward to your next message or your rating below.

To rate me, you can click one of the faces below and click Submit/Ok or click the Accept button.

If you ever wish to work with me in the future, you can ask your new questions and have them sent to me directly at the following page: http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-computertechmaster/

Thank you again,
- Jason

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry to say yes they did have control of my laptop, whatshould I do now please help me worried sick now John

Thank you for the update, John.

No extra charge:
May I please, start a remote screen sharing session with you so that I can better help you resolve this problem?

Once I am connected, I will make sure they didn't install any of their fancy software.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes you can start remote screen sharing John

Please, click the following link and choose to run the remote application: http://198.0.229.45/?Session=51efdaa8-8c81-4177-a62a-65174d982603

Thank you again,
- Jason