Engineer1010
Engineer1010, Software Expert
Experience:  MS Electrical and Computer Engg.
16465236

I have downloaded OFFICE home and Student 2007 how can I now

I have downloaded OFFICE home and Student 2007 how can I now activate it
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Engineer1010 replied 3 years ago.

Engineer1010 :

I am Andy and I will be glad to help you out with your issue today. Please Reply to me with doubts / questions till you are 100% satisfied.

Engineer1010 :

Let me know when you are ready.

Engineer1010 :

Where did you purchase this MS Office software from ? .... did you buy it Online or from a store ?

Customer:

This was purchased by my daughter from her school where she is a teacher. She comes here regularly and needs to prepare work for her work so the programme is needed here for her. Sometimes i produce work for her in my speciality for her use in her school.

Engineer1010 :

So do you have the Serial Code with you for the same ?

Engineer1010 :

i.e. Product Key

Customer:

Yes My daughter had kept that to be fed into the computer. It is KWBQQ-PCC37-7VTJT-2CH7X-VC3MB and which is what i typed in this morning. I am completely in the dark as to what i am trying to do as i am over 82 years old and assumed that everything would be in order. Sorry if i have done something incorrectly.i look forward to hearing from you that this is all in order and that the installation can be accepted as proper.

Engineer1010 :

Dont worry, we can verify the same in few steps.

Engineer1010 :

Can you please start MS Office Word ?

Customer:

Thank you very much. If my daughter cannot use one of the home licenses at my home , and bearing in mind my computer does not provide her with the appropriate programme for her teaching, how can I take steps to arrange for it to be included on my computer please? I shall have to sort something out for her and also when i prepare something for her. sorry to give you all this trouble.

Engineer1010 :

Dont worry, can you please start Word software

Engineer1010 :

You can double click and open any word document on your computer and it will start WORD software

Engineer1010 :

Let me know once its opened up

Customer:

Sorry what do I double click and can I do it leaving your invaluable help on the screen?

Engineer1010 :

Yes, you can minimize this screen (not close) ... then open WORD ... then get back to this screen and let me know.

Engineer1010 :

MS Office has WORD software in it ... to create documents.

Engineer1010 :

Which version of Windows are you using ?

Customer:

I clicked on Word and the following message appeared " Click-Run configuration failure-O.K.

Engineer1010 :

You said that you want to Activate MS Office .... Did you get a message on your screen to Activate it ?

Engineer1010 :

Are you able to open any software of MS Office ?

Engineer1010 :

Like Excel ...

Customer:

You must think me totally stupid- I wish my daughter was here to-day! As i reported I clicked on Word and that message" Click-Run configuration failure-O.K " if i double click that nothing happens! so sorry to be a nuisance.

Engineer1010 :

Don't worry, I am here to help you.

Engineer1010 :

Which version of Windows are you using ? ...

Engineer1010 :

XP .. Vista .. 7 .. 8 ?

Customer:

Are you waiting for something from me?

Engineer1010 :

I want know the version of WINDOWS that you are using ?

Engineer1010 :

If you would like to Chat via SKYPE ... please accept my offer sent through the site.

Customer:

I am being told to answer you but I have tried that twice- I clicked "word" but he Run configuration" answer came up each time

Customer:

The computer tells me you are awaiting Customer Action- I think i have doen what you suggested- shall I just leave the computer on to await you reply?

Engineer1010 :

Can you read this ?

Customer:

Sorry Excel does not appear on the list of "All programmes

Customer:

Yes i can read your 1059 message

Engineer1010 :

So are you sure you have installed MS Office ?

Engineer1010 :

Because you said you want to Activate it ... and now you are saying it is not even installed ?

Customer:

I insereted the disc and it finished running after about five minutes . I was invited to look at some of the features and i chose the "Word" facility which was brilliant. I then closed down and tried a to access Word without success. Was there something at the end of the disc where i had to click a final button? I do apologise for being so useless. All other programmes on my computer still work but nothing appears to have been downloaded from the disc.

Engineer1010 :

You can use the MS Office Disc again to do the installation process again.

Engineer1010 :

During the process it will ask you for 25digit Product Key

Engineer1010 :

At that point enter the Product Key on the screen ... and MS Office will get Activated automatically

Customer:

Thank you so much- I will try it again and see what happens. i have retained your Engineer;s number and my reference. Do you want me to sign off completely from you and get back to let youknow what has happened or are you fed up with me? I shall rate your performance as excellent bearing in mind your help and patience with an old fool!

Engineer1010 :

You can get back to me anytime you want.

Engineer1010 :

Please go ahead and RATE this answer with (Good / Excellent) SMILEY face so that I get credited for my answer from this website.

Thanks and take care!
Andy

Customer:

The machine refuses to allow me to sign the Excellent smiley face. It says you havent't finished .

Please try to do it now.

Thanks and take care!
Andy