Chris L.
Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified Expert with over 10 years experience.
51029781

I have a hotmail account ([email protected] )which works

I have a hotmail account ([email protected] )which works perfectly on my iPad but when I try to open it on my PC or laptop it indicates that for security they will send me a code to enter to [email protected] c2kni.net. .The problem is that was my work email address and I no longer have access to it.I have had no problems with security but just want to be able to access my hotmail account on my PC or any other PC .Can u help please

Mary Hampsey
Tel XXXXXXXXXXX
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Chris L. replied 3 years ago.
Hello Mary my name is XXXXX XXXXX certified computer professional with over 10 years experience. I will be happy to help you.

Are when you try and sign in are you receiving a message that says "Call us overprotective..."

Do you see the link to click that says "can't verify my account"?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes
Expert:  Chris L. replied 3 years ago.
Ok that is what I thought. You need to click can't verify my account. Next you will be given an option to to enter another email account and a 4 digit code will be sent to that, enter the 4 digit code on the same screen.

DO NOT click "I have a code" that is not the same thing.

Once you properly enter the code which you will receive to your alternate email account it will tell you the account will be locked for 30 days. What this means is during the next 30 days you cannot change the password XXXXX security information on this account however you will still be able to access your email on your PC by going to www.hotmail.com

The reason you are having to go through all of this is because your account recovery information is not up to date, it is important that you always keep a current back up email address on the account..

If you need further help please do not hesitate to reply back and let me know.

Thank You
-Chris
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Chris

I didn't get the option to click "cant verify my account" but whatever you did I can now get into it from my laptop. Can you please explain about the payments. I don't mind paying £28 this time if the email account continues to be accessible as it is now biut I don't want any monthly payments to be paid on a continual basis so how do I cancel this arrangement.

Mary

Expert:  Chris L. replied 3 years ago.
Monthly payments are entirely optional, as long as you don't choose to subscribe it is just a one time payment.

You need to always make sure that your recovery information on your account is up to date and accurate.

You do this by logging in at account.live.com

Under security and password XXXXX the left make sure you have a secondary email account as well as your phone number listed. These will help you easily get access if this happens again.

From time to time microsoft will ask you to confirm that this is your account by sending you a code.

If you have any billing questions you can always contact the websites customer service here and they will help you:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/chat-customer-support

If you have a moment please rate my service by clicking on one of the faces below, positive ratings are appreciated. You can always return to this page to talk with me any time.

Thank You
-Chris