Shefin
Shefin, Microsoft Office Specialist
Experience:  Working as Tech support specialist with a world famous computer manufacturer
15907069

I bought a Packard Bell EasyNote in Spain with Windows 8 operating

I bought a Packard Bell EasyNote in Spain with Windows 8 operating system in English. I have tried to install Windows 7 inEnglish from disc. I now have " Starting Windows " on the screen and the computer is frozen. Switching the laptop off and then on using the on/off switch gives me the options of "safe" or "normal" start. Safe loads all the files then freezes with "please wait". Normal start freezes at "starting windows". Removing and refitting battery changes nothing. What can I do?
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Shefin replied 3 years ago.

Shefin :
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.
Shefin :
Please let me know when you are ready.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I've received no answer
Expert:  Shefin replied 3 years ago.

I apologize that I did not get you on chat. However, I can assist you further in Question and Answer mode.

I would suggest you install Windows 7 again, in order to get the issue resolved. However, you have to change some settings in BIOS, in order to do the same. Please follow the instructiosn below and install WIndows 7 again.

Boot into BIOS

Exactly HOW to get into the BIOS depends on your manufacturer. Please restart the computer and as soon as it restarts, repeatedly press the F2 or Del key (try both, however one at a time). There's usually some info on the splash screen about the key to enter Setup.

Change boot options

In BIOS< please find and change trhe following options.

- Turn off Secure Boot (probably under the security settings, may differ by BIOS version)
- Turn on CSM Support (probably under boot settings)
- You may also want to change the boot order so that it defaults to your CD drive

Without changing the Secure Boot and CSM options, you will probably not be able to boot into your install disk, as it will either be actively blocked or just hang during boot.

AFter following the instructions, please reinstall WIndows 7 again and check if the issue persists.

If you have any questions regarding the installation, please let me know, so that I can assist you further.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking click the EXCELLENT smiley face. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

S H E F I N
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Shefin, your advice allowed mw to unfreeze the laptop but the problem was that the basic laptop operating system would not support windows 7. The whole system had to be removed and a new system loaded, far too complicated for me. Thank you for your help and I gave you a good rating. Terry.

Expert:  Shefin replied 3 years ago.

I am glad to hear that the issue has been resolved.

S H E F I N