Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

Hi I have a basic question. I am just messing around with

I have a basic question. I am just messing around with Microsoft word. I typed me name into word, centred it and the added a border text. I am trying to create a CV from scratch without using a template. Once I added the border. I am hitting the return key to type in text and it the border is being expanded and I dont want it too. I want to text to go after the border if that makes sense?
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

It makes sense

What you need to do is before you make the border hit Enter a few times till your about halfway down the page.

Then click at the top again and make your border with text.

Then click outside and under the border, and you can then type in text and the border will not be affected.

Let me know if you have any difficulties please
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for that. That helped

Do you know of any free online tutorials for excel and word?

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
You can find the best ones here Mary

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/training/

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.