Viet -MS Office Tech
Viet -MS Office Tech, Other
Experience:  Ten years of computer hardware and software support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac; Microsoft Office, etc.
30037186

My neighboir has signed up for a microsoft account on hernew

Customer Question

My neighboir has signed up for a microsoft account on hernew windows 8.1 Asus notebook but has verified the wrong email address. She now cannot unlock the notebook as it is the wrong email for her account. She also now has forgotten the password ***** used. How can she unlock to get into to her notebook
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Viet -MS Office Tech replied 3 years ago.

Hello John! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Please try the following on the Asus Windows 8.1 notebook:

1. At the login / password ***** press and keep holding the Shift key on the keyboard.
  2. Click on the Power icon, then click on Restart while still holding the Shift key.
  3. When a menu appears, then you can release the Shift key.
  4. When prompted, click on the troubleshoot / reset... option.
    (If prompted, select the "Just remove files" option.)
  5. Then it will let you re-set up the notebook fresh.

Please click on the Reply to Expert tab below, and reply back to me, so I can help further if there is still any issue. Thank you,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you. I wont be able to try this for a couple of days.

If I do this . Does that mean the notebook will have to be completely reset or will this allow her to get back to the settings before she created the account?

You're welcome. The notebook will reset to like when she bought the notebook. And she can set up a new microsoft account / password (which she should remember (write down as needed) this time).

You can get back to me any time if there is still any issue. Thank you