Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

I cant send or receive gmails your telling me I need verify

Customer Question

I cant send or receive gmails your telling me I need verify my email account from Microsoft who say they have put a message in my gmail so that I can confirm that I am me == however I cant get to my gmails to do anything
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

To be clear, can you tell me please ONLY the part of the email address AFTER the @ symbol that your having the problem with?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Im not having any problem entering my details which are w,*****@******.*** & password ***** == the problem is nithing happens when ive entered above == it just keeps telling me I need to answer a question from Microsoft to prove Im me == but I cant access to do anything

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks William,

But first, I need to know the answer to my question please.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

my previous email address was *****@******.*** my present is @gmail.com & as im 81 years old & new to working with computers but didn't have any problems at all before this cock up == I realise it could be something ive done == I had 3 emblems on my start screen one for MY BT one for gmails and one for SKY which have all been wiped off my screen

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, sorry still trying to understand the issue here William.

The problem is you cannot log into your Gmail account?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

that's the problem RICHARD so the question is why NOT == your paid by direct debit (monthly) so it cant be money

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
No, its not the money.

It is likely someone has tried to hack into your account.

Can I log on and look please on the connected computer?

It is easier to work with you on this. You can see and control everything I do

Can you please go to www.teamviewer.com

Click on Download in the top right.

Go down to "TeamViewer Quicksupport"

Click on Download and download and run the program.

It will give you an ID and a Password.

Please give me the ID (leave a space between each character eg: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9) and the password ***** your next message to me here.

Do not close the program, but leave it open.

I can then connect to your computer.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thanks for your help RICHARD but nothing you told me to do worked out as it wasnt easy to follow your instructions for an 81 years old man & came close to loosing the WILL TO LIVE which cost a pensioner £28 to boot

The last 15 years of my working life was spent as a plant instructor for Yorkshire Water & soon realised if I was going to get my message across it had to be has simple has possible

Got help from local computer troubleshooter (cost me £40) but learnt a lot & got complete satisfaction.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Hi William

I was surprised as I never heard back from you, nor if you had any difficulties with the instructions I gave.

I can understand it can be difficult with just Messages as opposed to someone in real life beside you, but would have appreciated a reply from you if you had difficulties with my instructions (they were simplified as much as possible, but can understand it still being difficult).

Main thing is it is now solved.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.