Chris L.
Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified Expert with over 10 years experience.
51029781

I have created another email account but have lost all my messages

I have created another email account but have lost all my messages from my other account and cannot access it
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Chris L. replied 3 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** certified computer professional with over 10 years experience. I will be happy to help you.

For privacy reasons email addressees are blocked out on this site so what you typed shows up to me as***@******.***

Can you please retype the email address that you need to have access to and this time do not type the @symbol. Type it like this someoneATsomething.com

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

boysgoodathotmail.co.uk

Expert:  Chris L. replied 3 years ago.
Thank you and exactly what happens when you attempt to log in? Is the password ***** being accepted or is something else happening?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

They were asking for a security code which i did not have and they told me to open another account as well as the one i already have. I can get into the new one but not my usual account and when i get into my new account it has none of my outstanding messages

Expert:  Chris L. replied 3 years ago.
Ok it sounds like you were just confused as to what was happening and made a new account. Is boysgoodathotmail.co.uk the old account that you need access to or is that the new one?

Please let me know the following information.

Let me know which is the old account and also let me know the last password ***** remember using.

Also let me know the new address and remember do not type the @symbol. Type it like this someoneATsomething.com
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the old account which was the current account is boysgoodathotmail.co.uk the last password ***** eggnog12.

the new address is patricgoodboysgoodathotmail.com

Expert:  Chris L. replied 3 years ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** by for a moment while I see what is going on, do not close this window I will reply in a couple minutes.
Expert:  Chris L. replied 3 years ago.
Do you still have access to the recovery address on the account which is go*****@hotmail.co.uk if so tell me the complete address.

Also do you know the answer to the security question which is

Mother's birthplace?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I dont know what you meanby access to recovery address. All i know is when i log in to hotmail it connects me to the new address and I don't know how to access the old one with some important messages on. My Mothers birth place is either Bethnal Green or Shorditch

Expert:  Chris L. replied 3 years ago.
Ok here is the problem, you need to confirm that this is your account by receiving a code to patricgoodboysgoodathotmail.com

The problem is it looks like you already tried this and did it incorrectly so you have locked yourself out of your account for 24 hours.

The good news is you will be able to get back to this account the bad news is you have to wait.

Here is exactly what you will need to do tomorrow.

1. Go to hotmail and log into the old account, I made you a new password ***** is Summer2014 (make note that the S is uppercase)

2. After you sign in you will be shown a screen that wants a code select the email address box and choose "I can't verify my account" and click next

3. Click Next again

4.Enter the email address you do have access to and in a couple minutes you will receive the code.

5. Enter the code immediately on the page and you will then be granted access to the account.

Like I said, you made too many mistakes today so you have locked yourself out for 24 hours, there is no way this lock can be lifted so we will just have to wait.

Give my instructions a try tomorrow OR if you prefer I will do them for you, just reply to me on this page in 24 hours and I will go through this for you and get you back into your account.

Please take a moment please rate my service by clicking on one of the smiley faces below. You can always return to this page to talk with me any time.

Thanks,
Chris