Waitongu2
Waitongu2, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  Office xp, 2000, 2003, 2007 and 2010. Productivity applications, Visio, project manager
64043135

Im having trouble getting into my email account,questions

Customer Question

I'm having trouble getting into my email account,questions keep coming up about my Microsoft account,which, as I'm not very computer wise is causing me stress,please help.
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Waitongu2 replied 3 years ago.
Would you be ok with me logging on to your machine to take a look at this? it will be faster to work on a fix.

Simon
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My name is Sylvia Everett,email *****@******.***. My Grandaughter set everything up,so I don't remember any thing she did,and at the nmoment she is teaching English in China,but said she canott remember much about any security questions I am 79 and do not remember what was put as questions how can I get back into my email which I have been using for the last almost 2 years,thank you.

Expert:  Waitongu2 replied 3 years ago.
Sylvia,
I am afraid to be the bearer of bad news. The way e,ail servers work is that they do not know who we are so they rely on the test questions. if we do not have a way to remember these answers they interpret that as an attempt on your account to break as the user is unable to identify themselves.

unfortunately either the correct password or the correct answers have to be supplied for you to reach your emails. There is no workaround.

I would confirm the password is correct and also check for CAPS LOCK key or any keys stuck on the down position,.

I wish you luck in this endeavour.