jstinehelfer
jstinehelfer, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  A+ Comptia Certified computer repair
63323962

i have forgotten my microsoft account no. and password

Customer Question

Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 years ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is Jess and I am glad to assist you today.

Are you trying to buy something from Microsoft store but you forgot your login information?

Or are you trying to access your Microsoft email account like Hotmail?

Please let me know so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'm just trying to get into my email account to read all my emails since I've been on holiday!

Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 years ago.
Hi Alistair,

Thank you for writing back and I am sorry about the issue. Are you using a web browser in a computer to access your email? By web browser, I am referring to something like Internet Explorer, Chrome or Firefox or Safari.

Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i think safari

Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 years ago.
Are you using Mac?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes

Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for that confirmation.

There are two (2) ways to access an email. First, is by using a web browser like Safari in your Mac. Second, is by using an email program like Mac Mail. Please try to locate the program called Mail in your Mac and try to open it.

If you used it before to access your email, chances are, your email is already setup there so once you open Mail, you shall be able to access your emails.

Please keep me posted with your results so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i think when i tried this before it wanted my microsoft account name & number but will try again. as you see I'm not a techno !

Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 years ago.
Alistair,

Thank you for writing back.

Yes, please give it another try and open your Mail program to check if your email address or account is already added there. If it is, then you must be able to access your email or at least know your email address.

But if nothing or no email account is added in your Mac Mail program, then we will proceed to the web browser method.

Jess
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for trying Jess but as I said I'm not computer savvy so I had to phone my local area internet shop and they came round and reset everything, microsoft account, passwords etc and now it seems to work.

How long?

Alistair McClelland

Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 years ago.
Hi Alistair,

Thank you for writing back. I am glad that your issue is now resolved through some local help. Also, I am very sorry if for the late reply. We recently had power failure due to storm in our country.

If you still need help with other issues in your computer, just let me know so that I can assist you further. If you are using a Hotmail or Outlook.com account, I can also assist you remotely and assist you in securing the account so that it will not be easily hacked or compromised.

Best regards,
Jess