Viet -MS Office Tech
Viet -MS Office Tech, Other
Experience:  Ten years of computer hardware and software support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac; Microsoft Office, etc.
30037186

Hi. you have sent me an e.mail asking for action required for

Hi. you have sent me an e.mail asking for action required for two-step verification
I do not need this I find it to complicated, all I require is a single password, I am 84 years
old and need things simple as possible, at the moment my new note book is locked and I
cant enter it. regards Patrick
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Viet -MS Office Tech replied 3 years ago.

Hello Patrick! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Is this a brand-new notebook?

What's the model of your new notebook? Does it have windows 7, 8, or 8.1, etc.?

What email do you use, such as Hotmail, Yahoo, Gmail, AOL, etc.?

If you go to your email website, are you able to sign in and use your email address?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Asus touch screen windows 8 is installing, Yahoo

Do you mean you cannot log in or open anything on the Asus windows 8 notebook at all?

Is it asking you to enter your yahoo email address and password?

Are you communicating with me on another computer? Does it have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, or 8.1?

- Can you sign in your Microsoft account at the website below, then "Turn off two-step verification" there, then see if you can log in your new notebook?
https://account.live.com/proofs/Manage

- If needed, can you sign in your yahoo account at the website below, then click on the option "Set up your second sign-in verification" there and "Turn off second sign-in verification" there?
https://edit.yahoo.com/config/eval_profile

Edit: We've been communicating, but it looks like you are not there. When you are available, please click on the Reply to Expert tab below, and reply back to me, so I can help further if there is still any issue. Thank you,