KamilAnwar1
KamilAnwar1, Office Specialist
Experience:  8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.
69350257

On Wednesday we received a call from someone who said they

On Wednesday we received a call from someone who said they were microsoft engineers. Their telephone number is *********** the mans name is***** he said his IT number is ***** security code 467261. They said that the computer had been hacked, they accessed the computer remotely and were able to prove that the microsoft certificate had been removed and a great many sites (including porn and gambling had been accessed) They cleaned up the computer and said that they were installing microsoft security sheild and reinstaing the certificate, the cost would be £148.10 + £9 transter fee. The microsoft security certificate ID is ********* When I tried to pay the card was declined so we tried a second card, we now find that payment has been taken from both cards. I should like to know if this is genuine and if so I should like one payment returned plus the certificate
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  KamilAnwar1 replied 3 years ago.
Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Kamil and i will do my best to assist you.
I'm sorry to say but Microsoft would never call you to tell you that your computer is hacked. You've been scammed and i suggest you call your credit or debit card company, and tell them that this has happened and you would like to stop the payment and initiate the charge back. You'll be able to get the entire money back, and you should never ever give out access of your PC to anyone over the phone since this is a scam and a very common one now a days.
Here's more on this from Microsoft
http://www.microsoft.com/security/online-privacy/avoid-phone-scams.aspx
I hope this helps and if you can take a second to rate my service that will be greatly appreciated