Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

how do i move all my emails/contacts from 1&1 over to my microsoft

how do i move all my emails/contacts from 1&1 over to my microsoft account
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 years ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

Can you please tell me the domain name of your email account hosted in 1&1? By domain name, I am referring to the part with the @ sign in your email account, like @yourcompany.com.

Also, do you still have access to this email accounts?

Please let me know so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

*****@******.***

yes i still have access at the moment

Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 years ago.
Hi Erniest,

Thank you for writing back. I am sorry but I cannot see the email address that you posted since it is shown to me as ******@*****.*** for security and policy reasons.

Can you please put a space after or before the AT sign? Or replace @ with AT like youATyouremail.com.

Jess

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ernie at frydemolition.co.uk

Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 years ago.
Thank you Erniest for that information.

Now, you mentioned you want to move emails and contacts to your Microsoft account. Is this an email address ending with @hotmail.co.uk? Or @live.com?

Also, how do you access this microsoft account? Are you using a web browser like Internet Explorer or Chrome? Or are you using an email program like MS Outlook 2010 or 2013?

If you want, I can remotely access your computer so that I can directly assist you in the transfer process. Please let me know if you want this option.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Jess M
yes please access my computer

Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 years ago.
Hi Erniest,

Thank you for allowing me to remotely access your computer to allow me to help you better in this case of yours.

In order for me to remote in, we need a free remote access tool. Please click on this link below to get the tool, I already have this:
https://www.join.me/

On that page, click on the orange "Start Meeting" and download the tool and install it then run it.

Then give me the 9-digit code that you will see at the top of the very small window, put a dash after every 3 digits like 123-456-789

I will need that code to remote in.

Regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

767-730-921

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 years ago.
Thank you Erniest. I am connected now.

Jess

Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 years ago.
Erniest,

I have resolved your email issue using remote support. I have successfully added your account to your MS Outlook. However, your email service from 1&1 is limited thus you cannot sync the account using Outlook since 1&1 servers won't allow your connection request. This means further that you need to pay for their premium service so that you can synchronize your Outlook with your email account.

Thank you for your patience.

I hope that helped.

Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated! Cool

If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess