Viet -MS Office Tech
Viet -MS Office Tech, Other
Experience:  Ten years of computer hardware and software support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac; Microsoft Office, etc.
30037186

Hi - I cannot get into my email account because I am getting

Hi - I cannot get into my email account because I am getting a message "from Microsoft Account" saying "Call us overprotective...." but I think this is a scam because it will not allow me to proceed to get a code etc. Please tell me what to do to access my live.co.uk account.
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Viet -MS Office Tech replied 3 years ago.

Hello Lesley! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, or 8.1?

Can we do a remote session, so we can chat, and I will be able to help you directly?

Edit: It looks like you are not there; when you are available, please reply back at the box below to continue. Thank you,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Windows 7 Home Premium
Thank you. Can we do a remote session, so we can chat, and I will be able to help you directly?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Sorry visitors hve arrived. Can I get back to you tomorrow?

Yes, you can get back to me tomorrow. Or you can get back to me later (I can stay up.) This issue should be quick to fix.

When you are available, can you please click on the website below, then click on Join session, then allow the Elsinore / ScreenConnect remote program to run, then we can chat, and I will be able to help you directly:

http://166.78.231.170:8040/?Session=c6eda44f-adca-4eb1-9997-2461e7253589

Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
don't stay up. Tomorrow morning is better for me.
I'm in the USA, so the time zone is different. When can you be available tomorrow?

I can also provide written instructions for fixing this issue you can try when you have time tomorrow.

When it shows "Call us overprotective....", do you recognize the email address it shows? Do you still have access to that email address?

Do you have another working email address?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
5pm today is about 10am for you - ok?
Recognise "*****@******.***" but this is my husband's email which he has not used for a few years as he has dementia. Other choice is "I can't verify my account" and last choice is "I have a code".
Next says "Enter the code we sent to *****@******.***" which I can't do. Other choice is "I don't have a code". Next keeps asking for the code.
My smart phone uses *****@******.*** only. My computer uses this address plus *****@******.*** which I cannot access because I cannot access any email addresses on my computer

5PM at your place should be 9AM for me; I can be available at that time.

And/or are you available right now (which should be about 8:30 AM at your place)?

Please let me know. Thank you,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
yes available now
Great. Can you please click on the website below, then click on Join session, then allow the Elsinore / ScreenConnect remote program to run, then we can chat, and I will be able to help you directly:

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have entered above in my computer and am getting "did notatch any documents" I have checked accuracy.

Sorry, Can you please put the website below in the address bar on the top in Internet Explorer, then press the Enter key:

http://www.tinyurl.com/kc3dask

http://www.tinyurl.com/kc3dask

, then join session, and allow the Elsinore / ScreenConnect program (at the bottom) to download / open / run, and try any other option it gives you as needed. Thank you,

I have resolved the issue via remote support. If you need anything else later, please let me know any time. Please rate my service below. Thank you very much.