JamesI
JamesI, Other
Experience:  James has experience providing 3rd lines support for a range of office apps, from 2000 to 2013, including project and visio.
75967336

I cant get access to my Microsoft account because its insisting

Customer Question

I can't get access to my Microsoft account because it's insisting on reseting my security info by getting a code send to an alternative email. Why it's doing this, I don't know as my account info was secure, but it won't let me send this thing to an email I choose, it's some random email I don't know.
My Microsoft account is *****@******.***
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Viet -MS Office Tech replied 3 years ago.

Hello Ryan! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, or 8.1, or mac computer?

Can we do a remote session, so we can chat, and I will be able to help you directly?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Other.
I don't feel I'm asking the right people, and frankly, I feel like I'm being drawn into a con here.

I'm sorry, did you see my previous reply? I'm a computer technician, so I can certainly fix your email issue for you. And we guarantee our service, so don't worry.

Can you please click on the website below, then click on Join session, then allow the Elsinore / ScreenConnect remote program to run, then we can chat, and I will be able to help you directly:

http://166.78.231.170:8040/?Session=48caa498-d759-48a4-845f-b549ff00d8ea

Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you,

Expert:  JamesI replied 3 years ago.
I am a UK based IT consultant, if it makes you feel better I can give you a call and explain what you need to do without taking control of your machine.
Microsoft takes security very seriously and every now and again looks to get users to update security questions and verify the information it has about users, to help prevent misuse and fraud.
In this instance it may just be your account was chosen at random, or it deemed something unusual such as logging in from different localities or devices, so requires you to verify you are who you say you are.
If you no longer have your 'alternative' e-mail address there are a few options, I can give you contact details for Microsoft who can ask you alternative security questions such as the address or your DOB which you supplied during sign up, and then allow you to go in and update your alternative e-mail.
If you would like to discuss this over the phone please let me know your UK number (mobile or landline) and ill give you a call, otherwise please let me know if your e-mail is a hotmail.co.uk, hotmail.com or outlook.com e-mail address, for security reasons the e-mail you provided in your initial question has been hashed out.