JamesI
JamesI, Other
Experience:  James has experience providing 3rd lines support for a range of office apps, from 2000 to 2013, including project and visio.
75967336

i cant remember my email address or password ***** all my phone

i cant remember my email address or password ***** all my phone data is stored in microsoft cloud will i be able to retrieve this at all
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  JamesI replied 2 years ago.
JamesInch :

Hi can you still access your phone

Customer:

no my phone has been sent off for repair. 02 backed all info up and reset the phone but i have no idea of my microsoft email address or password ***** log in to retrieve info from my phone

JamesInch :

Ok but they restored your phone using the back up o2 took?

JamesInch :

In that case your e-mail address should still be configured within your phones settings

Customer:

no my phone ended up like it was when i bought it with nothing on my back up is all in a cloud

JamesInch :

Ok so O2 didnt back it up then.

JamesInch :

they should have backed up the device and restored it before returning to you, as not "everything" is stored on the cloud

Customer:

i dont even recall setting up a email account. when i went into the windows phone went to the back up and it sent it all to the cloud

JamesInch :

Ill have a look at see if we can recover your username\e-mail by using your mobile number, give me a few moments

Customer:

they are telling me i need my email address and password ***** retrieve the info from the cloud

JamesInch :

They, O2?

Customer:

yes

JamesInch :

Ok few more mintues, just talking to Microsoft

Customer:

ok

Customer:

i must of signed up for the email of my windows phone so hoping can retrieve email address from phone number and info i entered when signed up

JamesInch :

JamesInch :

I spoken with Microsoft

Customer:

and?

JamesInch :

Right, they cant give release details to me but said if you contact them they can put you in touch with somone who can help, they need to know where you purchased the phone from etc.

Customer:

ok

JamesInch :

This will start up a web chat with Microsoft, for your reference I contacted

the agent called Lovely C: at 18:48:14
Customer:

ok. can i just ask the payment i made for this chat is it just a one off payment

JamesInch :

I assume there arent to many Lovely C's :-) so if you start the chat and reference that I contact Lovely I am sure they will be able to put you in touch with somone who can look up your account, or give you a definitive answer.

JamesInch :

Yes it is a one off payment, unless you chose the monthly sunscription option.

Customer:

thank you

JamesInch :

I am guessing you paid around $25?

Customer:

the web site you just given me to chat is what ive just come through to you on

JamesInch :

So that I can close down this chat, can you please rate the level of service you have received today. Have a good evening, and hope you get your files back

JamesInch :

The link above should take you to a different chat

JamesInch :

As there are expert problems then there are advisors, you need the non technical advisors

JamesInch :

(they are free of charge)