Shefin
Shefin, Microsoft Office Specialist
Experience:  Working as Tech support specialist with a world famous computer manufacturer
15907069

my Acer TravelMate 5320 using Windows Vista is ridiculously

Customer Question

my Acer TravelMate 5320 using Windows Vista is ridiculously slow and unresponsive. Can anything be done?
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Shefin replied 3 years ago.

Shefin :
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.
Shefin :
Please let me know when you are ready.
JACUSTOMER-x7yrgc8y- :

I am ready now.

Shefin :

Do you have Windows Vista disc with you?

JACUSTOMER-x7yrgc8y- :

No - one vwas not supplied with the laptop which I purchased at an auction

Shefin :

Best way to clean the computer completely and reinstall WIndows.

Shefin :

May I know the Memory configuration

JACUSTOMER-x7yrgc8y- :

And how do I do that? I have already tried disc cleanup and defragged.

Shefin :

May I know the Memory configuration?

JACUSTOMER-x7yrgc8y- :

Please tell me how to discover that info.

Shefin :

Do you see the Start button?

JACUSTOMER-x7yrgc8y- :

yes

Shefin :

Click Start button and from the Start menu, right click on Computer and select Properties.

Shefin :

Have you got the Properties window?

JACUSTOMER-x7yrgc8y- :

Didn't work quite as you said but: Windows Vista SP2, Intel Celeromn 560 @ 2.13 Ghz,memory 1.00 Gb, system 32 bit

Shefin :

Memory is 1 GB.

JACUSTOMER-x7yrgc8y- :

yes

Shefin :

I apologize that the computer does not have a good configuration.

Shefin :

However, I can give you some instructions to speed up the computer.

Shefin :

Please wait a minute.

JACUSTOMER-x7yrgc8y- :

Don't think you need to apologise for my rubbish computer! BUT what do you think I should do about it?

Shefin :

1. Upgrading the Memory.

Shefin :

And try the instructions in the link below. Please do it only if you are sure that you can do it.

Shefin :

Are you there?

JACUSTOMER-x7yrgc8y- :

yes, sorry, am trying to printout the instructions (20) on the link you sent, so that I can try the suggestions

Shefin :

Okay.

Shefin :

However, my suggestion is, get a new computer with good configuration. Do not waste money on old low configuration computers.

JACUSTOMER-x7yrgc8y- :

yes

Shefin :

Do you have any questions?

JACUSTOMER-x7yrgc8y- :

Is it not possible to change the operating system for something more efrfective?

Shefin :

You can change the operating system, but have to purchase a new operating system like Windows 7, or Windows 8.

Shefin :

Before purchasing the operating system, need to check the compatibility of the computer with the new operating system.

Shefin :

I mean system resquirements.

JACUSTOMER-x7yrgc8y- :

I have windows 7 on my desktop. It works. But would it be too much for this Acer Laptop?

Shefin :

May be. And there is some compatibility issues.

Shefin :

For a 1 GB Celeron processor computer, WIndows 7 may not work good.

Shefin :

Are you there?

Expert:  Shefin replied 3 years ago.

I apologize that the chat got disconnected. However, I can assist you further in Question and Answer mode.

Please know that not all issues can be fixed online; in those cases of a hardware failure or configuration issues, I’ll troubleshoot and diagnose the problem, and provide a practical recommendation for how to proceed.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT smiley face. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

S H E F I N