jstinehelfer
jstinehelfer, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  A+ Comptia Certified computer repair
63323962

For the past couple of months you have been sending out a security

Customer Question

For the past couple of months you have been sending out a security message to me as part of your tightening up on that front. However, these have been sent to the first e-mail address I had when I was at Moray College I left Moray College (Scotland) in 2004 and have never used that e-mail address since then. The problem is another message is due to be sent and when this happens I cannot access the hotmail account I now use without going through a lot of hassle. I have a gmail account also and managed to get to my hotmail account through and you shall see from a message you sent to me that I took that step. My question is arer Microsoft able to remove records of my Moray College account details and just retain my hotmail account details so that I no longer have to go through all those steps again

Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Viet -MS Office Tech replied 3 years ago.

Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. It should give you the option to update your alternate email address. When you log in your hotmail account, when it asks for security code, etc., did you select the option that you can't verify (i.e., you don't have access to that first email address any more)?

Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, or 8.1, or mac computer?

Can we do a remote support session, so we can chat, and I will be able to help you directly?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.