Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

Hello I wonder if you can help me. I have an iMac computer,

Hello I wonder if you can help me. I have an iMac computer, version 10.6.8 and I have installed a Silverlight package onto it, which is a Microsoft product. This package facilitates a portal called : eapportal.right.com. However, when I click on this portal and try to login I am unsuccessful. My login is name is ***** ***** without me needing to type it in, but when I try to type my password ***** the password ***** nothing comes up on the screen.I am therefore unable to login to the portal that is enabled by the Microsoft Silverlight package.
This is a matter of some urgency to me and I wonder if you can help me with this problem.
Russell Joseph
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 years ago.
Hi Russell, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

Are you using your Safari browser to access this portal? If yes, please try to use other browsers like Chrome or Firefox and see if you are able to access your account on that portal.

Please let me know so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes I am using a Safari browser-how do I download either a Chrome or Firefox browser.

Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 years ago.
Hi Russell,

Thank you for writing back. Can you please confirm the portal URL that you are having trouble accessing? Is it "eapportal.right.com"? I tried to access it and it is down at the moment. Or are you referring to "eapproviderportal.com"? It is showing an employee verification page.

Yes, you can try using Firefox, you can download Firefox here:
http://firefox.com

Keep me posted.
Jess
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Jess

Thanks for your reply-yes it is " eapportal.right.com "

Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 years ago.
Hi Russell,

Thank you for that confirmation. I believe that there is a technical issue with your portal server infrastructure as the server is not responding with my ping. This is the main reason why you are unable to access the login page of your portal.

To confirm this, please try using Firefox since Safari might be using the cached data or the temporary internet files to show the login page even though the site is down temporarily. Please use Firefox and see if you are able to access the portal.

Here is my proof that the portal service is down temporarily:

The timeouts there in the command prompt indicates that the portal server is not responding to my PING command. That means the server is down so it shows 100% loss.

Now, if your Firefox is also unable to view the portal login page, then it means that the portal server is down at the moment. Please contact your portal administrator, or your company's IT team managing this portal.

I believe the problem is not from your end as it is the portal that is down at the moment. Please contact the portal administrator to confirm this and if the portal is back in business, you shall be able to access it without any issue.

I hope that helped.

Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated! Cool

If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess