Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Office Software Specilaist
Experience:  I am a self-employed computer specialist more than 10 years experience working with Microsoft Office computer software.
76287196

Sear Sirs, I have recently bought a Microsoft SURFACE RT tablet

Customer Question

Sear Sirs,
I have recently bought a Microsoft SURFACE RT tablet from ***** ***** after advice from the floor Microsoft assistant. At that time I was advised that the sofeware for things like I-Player and Sky Go were days away, and I should be able to run these programs. I have managed to down load Silverlight program required for skygo, however on trying to run it it then advises the program can not be run and to go to the Microsoft APS store.
Firstly is the software being upgraded to run Silverlight on a SURFACE RT tablet, and iof not what is the AP that I am being directted towards in order to obtain and run skygo.
I await your interest along with 5 other people I met in JLewis High Wycombe!
Best Reagrds
Andrew Ottaway
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Joel Kalman replied 3 years ago.

JoelK :

Hello. My name is Joel, and I can help you solve your problem. Thank you for your question. My goal is to provide excellent customer service.

JoelK :

Here is a link to a direct response from Sky regarding your proble,

http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Go/Windows-Phone-8-and-Windows-RT-Windows-8/td-p/1308733

JoelK :

Windows RT was an early edition of Windows 8 that was made available to transition to touch screen devices. Here is a link to a Wikipedia article the explains why, unfortunately, you are not going to be able to install any third-party software.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_RT

JoelK :

IF I HAVE SOLVED YOUR PROBLEM, I WOULD APPRECIATE A GOOD OR AN EXCELLENT RATING. I ONLY GET COMPENSATED FOR MY SERICES WHEN I RECEIVE A POSITIVE RATING.