Chris L.
Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified Expert with over 10 years experience.
51029781

Ive just completed a draft email which has taken me hours.

I've just completed a draft email which has taken me hours. Now my outlook has disappeared completely? how do I get it back?
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Chris L. replied 3 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** certified computer professional with over 10 years experience. I will be happy to help you.

Are you running outlook on a windows computer? If so please tell me which version of windows you are using.

Also what happened in between you writing your email and outlook vanishing? Was there any other problem you are aware of, did the computer freeze up? Did outlook crash?

Please let me know so I can further assist.
Chris
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Im on a 64bit version of windows 8.1 with office 365.

I had completed email and pressed send but it hung in outbox unable to connect. rebooted the hub and then shut down the pc and rebooted that got the normal message exit without sending send later. when I went to close down the PC it said updates installing, waited for those to complete and then restarted. went to open outlook from a shortcut on the desktop and got a message that the shortcut was no longer connected and asked if i wanted to delete. i deleted as knew i had the main app on the next screen down (not sure what its called old start menu) but when I went there that has gone too. exel app still working but no outlook and more importantly an email that I will not be able to craft as well again.

Expert:  Chris L. replied 3 years ago.
Ok what may be easiest here is a remote support session. This is a secure connection that allows me to connect to your computer and I can try and fix this up for you. Would you like to try that?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes

Expert:  Chris L. replied 3 years ago.
Please click HERE and then click Join Session to connect. You will need to download and run the connection utility so if anything pops up and asks you to run or allow say yes.