Josh
Josh, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Expert for over 10 years
50836188

Hi an am trying to log into my Windows 8 and it appears to

Customer Question

Hi an' am trying to log into my Windows 8 and it appears to not recognise the p/w I usually use to get Windows 8 started. Each time it tells me its the wrong P/word and instructs me to go to account.live.com/pw/reset which would be great if I could get past the intital login. I am using a laptop to talk to you whereas I use a new HP Destop to use Windows 8. I have been using the Desttop for a couple of months with no trouble at all but as stated cannot get past the intitial login - Brian
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
Hi! My name is Josh and I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

You can go to that website on the laptop to reset your password.

Please click here: https://account.live.com/resetpassword.aspx

Select I forgot my password and follow the prompts. Once you change your password, please use the new password on the Windows 8 desktop computer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Josh an' just tried that (numourous times today on the Desktop) and although I use codes it still does not recognise the account. Is this a Hewland Packard prob rather that Microsoft ?

Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
Which code are you referring to? Also, using it where?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Rite lets start again - On intial bootup on my HP destop I get to the intial log in screen - it then asks for the PW which I appear to have forgotten. From then on I cannot use the desktop. I revert to laptop and can get a code but the code does not work with the intital Desktop log in screen which is the first thing I see when booting up the HP

Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
Brian,

Please fully reset your password on the laptop so that you have created a brand new password and not the temporary code.