Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

Live mail shows error code 0x800CCC92

Live mail shows error code 0x800CCC92
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 years ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

What is the email provider of the email account in your Windows Live Mail? Is it @hotmail.com? @gmail.com? @yahoo.com? or others?

Please let me know so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am getting very frustrated having spent half of yesterday on this although not with just ask, but you're asking me a question relating to information already provided..........Live Mail ie Windows/Microsoft

Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 years ago.
Barry,

Thank you for writing back. Windows Live Mail is your email program. I was asking you about your email account in your Windows Live Mail. Is it ending with @hotmail.com? @outlook.com? or others?

Regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am no expert which is why I need this help. It is btinternet.com but you already have that!

Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 years ago.
Hi Barry,

I am very sorry about the issue with your live mail. Based on the error message that you got, it appears that the problem is with your Windows Live Mail settings that cause authentication problem with the BT internet server.

Without additional cost, can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly check your email settings, server names and ports used and eventually fix the problem? Please let me know so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Please go ahead. Thank you

Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 years ago.
Barry,

In order for me to remotely access your computer, we need a remote access tool. Please click on this link below, click on the green agree button and download the remote tool.

Then run the downloaded tool to join me in the remote session. Here is the link:
http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=5fc30b3a-70f5-4311-90b5-f0f8c1ce2c2a

Best regards,
Jess
Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 years ago.
Hi Barry,

I was able to resolve the issue using remote support. The issue was with your settings in your Windows Live Mail.

I hope that helped.

Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated! Cool

If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess